why y'all so down on timo

i'm seeing people so ungrateful for timo, man. hes a great utility player! hes won two games already this year with the swing of a bat, and played what seems like a half dozen positions at least. how many other utility players can you say that about not just in the american league but the entire MLB?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
i'm seeing people so ungrateful for timo, man. hes a great utility player! hes won two games already this year with the swing of a bat, and played what seems like a half dozen positions at least. how many other utility players can you say that about not just in the american league but the entire MLB?

:lolhitting

what a hilarious thread.

timo can barely play the outfield let alone any other postion.

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)

There are maybe 5 players in the majors (in both leagues) that are worse than Timo. Josh Paul is one of them. Thats if you don't consider production per salary.

Regardles Timo is awful, easily one of the worse players in baseball.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
Name the other game he has won for us and provide proof.

I'll admit the Memorial Day game he ran into a pitch and got a bloop hit that won that game.

So, the Memorial Day game and...

He had a big homer in a Twins game, dont' know if it was a game winner or not.

If you're going to give credit to Timo for winning 2 games, then he deserves credit for losing the first base debacle, as well as the Tigers game where he was brought in to hit in the 9th, only to K with the winning run on 3rd, and one out.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
so he's 2-1 for us.  that's about our winning percentage this year, so he's been up to par with us.

Also cost the Sox a game where he whiffed in a huge situation where the Sox pretty much had the game won. Soemone else failed along with Perez but Perez was the first to get the chance IIRC (it was with Percy on the mound against Detroit - someone else posted the info on the games, I'm just bringing it up in this thread).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
He had a big homer in a Twins game, dont' know if it was a game winner or not.

If you're talking about this game, the HR put us up 4-3 after being in a 3-3 tie, but we went on to score three more runs in that inning.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
Sorry if hes not tony clark geez people its not like hes out there everyday.

Ozzie puts him out there way too much...that first base gig was a great idea...he cost us 2 runs.