seriously, mods I don't get it.

Hideaway Lights

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
Would you really want an official connection to the White Sox?

We already have had one to a certain extent, both through FutureSox and advertising on the board.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
You don't have to tell me.. I'm well aware. And it's sad.

What's even sadder is our long-time posters and more quality ones choosing to ignore the site because of the decline.

Ya know, I don't agree with the whole thing of the regs attacking newbies and stupid posts, I think it has more to do with what you are percieved as. I mean, I don't think too many people have made the really stupid posts I have from time to time, and when I was called on it, I was treated fine. I could link to my most recent idiot post, but I won't. :P BUt if you come across as an ass, especially when new, you will be toast soon. Not saying that is what happened, but it does seem to be the norm. If you are new, you need to act new. Down the road, you can turn into an ass. Some folks though who started that way (thinking one in particular) toughed it out and is now accepted, even though the attitude is the exact same. Still gets attacked all the time, but now it seems to be the way it is supposed to be.

In other words, don't be a knucklehead, and you will be treated fine. Make a stupid post, don't get defensive about it, just roll with it.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
What's even sadder is our long-time posters and more quality ones choosing to ignore the site because of the decline.

3 specifically come to mind.. 3 great guys. Luckily I still talk to them off the board.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
Think before you type.

It seems simple, but it is pretty universal.

Exactly. I cant count the number of times ive typed something out then erased the entire thing because after thinking about it for a second i realized it might not be too smart to say that.

SS2K5 :cheers :cheers

RockRaines :cheers :cheers

My words exactly. There's too much of what I call "immaturity" on this board. Instead of saying "you're an idiot" I just read the post and move on to the next one. I don't post as much as a lot of people, but there are some very intelligent people here. We're all Sox fans. I know we all can't get along, but we joined for a reason, to talk about them, to debate about them. But let's not act not act like fools in the process and bring down the site. That's why I left whitesox.com and came here.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
I do it all of the time. Especially when I am upset.

When I'm ticked off I can't get to my email fast enough... LOL.. you know that for sure. :lolhitting

In all seriousness.. I've found that when I see something that pisses me off (and that's not really the right phrase... moreso shocks the hell out of me) here It's way better to shoot an email or a PM to a few here that I talk to on a more personal basis. I don't know if you guys (as in males) do that.. but it's a good outlet.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
And you still have 31,800 posts? :P

Yeah, evidently it is amateur comedy hour now :bang

j/k.

This is a good thread guys. With everyone one in a reasonable mood, if you have something you want to get off of your chest about the site, now looks to be the time to do it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)

j/k.

This is a good thread guys.  With everyone one in a reasonable mood, if you have something you want to get off of your chest about the site, now looks to be the time to do it.

I have some serious problems... but I don't care to share them with you hehe :bang :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)

j/k.

This is a good thread guys.  With everyone one in a reasonable mood, if you have something you want to get off of your chest about the site, now looks to be the time to do it.

Southsider, you could say

OMG!1! DA SOX IS DA GR8ST TEM EVA I LUV DEM SOOOOO MUCH!!!11!111!11!111!!!!!

and people wouldnt care

I read more than I post around these parts, and I still consider myself a newbie. My general advice to any newbie on any message board would always be to tread lightly until you get the feel of the place. It's common sense, don't you think?

As for those who argue that it is their right to post whatever they wish to -- please. Spare me. You have the same free speech rights here as you have in someone's home, that is to say, none. If you come into my home and insult me or any of my friends, I have an absolute right to ask you to leave. If you post something here that the admins or mods agree pushes the boundaries, they have every right to delete it. If you persist in that behavior, they have every right to ban you.

And they should.

My .02.

I just think people need to really think before they just post. It'd make everything a lot more pleasant IMO. Everything would be more reasonable, and it wouldn't look like the board's so suicidal and at everyone's throats when the Sox are down or losing in a game. Last night's game thread is a good example of that. Arguments were rampant when the Sox were down, and it definitely calmed down later on.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
I read more than I post around these parts, and I still consider myself a newbie.  My general advice to any newbie on any message board would always be to tread lightly until you get the feel of the place.  It's common sense, don't you think? 

As for those who argue that it is their right to post whatever they wish to -- please.  Spare me.  You have the same free speech rights here as you have in someone's home, that is to say, none.  If you come into my home and insult me or any of my friends, I have an absolute right to ask you to leave.  If you post something here that the admins or mods agree pushes the boundaries, they have every right to delete it.  If you persist in that behavior, they have every right to ban you. 

And they should.

My .02.

^^^

Every once in a while there will be a new poster who within his first 10 posts will attack another poster or say something ridiculous and then when someone calls them on it they claim that it's their freedom of speech or that they can say what ever they want when that is not the case. When posting here you have to realize that you are dealing witha people, it may only be an internet message board and it's just typed words but people get comfortable here and leave themselves open and when they're insulted or attacked or read something that they feel is over the top or offensive it can really bother them. Before you type something you should think about how your post is going to effect other people.