White Sox vs Buddy Bell's Royals 06/20/05

sox-r-us

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 05:24 AM)
Lima has been lousy, but he can occasionally throw a gem.  I hope we get the head case version of him tonight.

I think he used up his gem of this month when he beat the Dodgers in his last start. Considering they were his former team, I ain't surprised he used it then.

Considering that was his only win this season...and he's in our house...there's no good reason to expect him to be able to dominate.

Hell, and if you think Zambrano gets bothered by people on first base...let's put Pods on Lima.

Let's go BMac...let's get you the game ball to take home. First of say...320 or so.

And 1 other little note in case you guys are interested...given the Offday on Thursday, Ozzie is still talking about having Garland move up a day to go against the Cubs, then bouncing BMac back to pitch against Detroit.

BMac: Pretend your still pitching in Charlotte, these Royals aren't much different than some of those teams. Although they have been playing a lot better under Buddy Bell.

White Sox: Score some runs, give BMac his well deserved first ML victory. The first of many, I'm sure.

A win tonight and we'll have a nice, eight game lead.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
BMac:  Pretend your still pitching in Charlotte, these Royals aren't much different than some of those teams. 

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:

Actually, I'd much rather him pretend he was still pitching in Spring Training in Arizona.

Lima is awful, plain and simple.  If we don't score a lot off of him, I will be seriously disappointed and angry.

And the 3B's name is Teahen.

The question is -- if we don't hit Lima hard will posters here transform into Hawk and say that Lima is really an ace-quality pitcher?

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
The question is -- if we don't hit Lima hard will posters here transform into Hawk and say that Lima is really an ace-quality pitcher?

i think thats an obvious yes

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)

I still remain amazed how many pitchers we've managed to make look like they are ace-quality. Especially rookies.

QUOTE(go-sox05 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
Bmac is gonna go 7 2/3 with 1bb, 9k's, and 1er.

Why do I doubt this? Could it be that he has barely any AAA/MLB experience, and thus will have a quick hook on him? Or could it be that I don't think McCarthy can keep a ML team (even if it is the Royals) to 1 run for 7 2/3 innings at this point in his career?

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Why do I doubt this? Could it be that he has barely any AAA/MLB experience, and thus will have a quick hook on him? Or could it be that I don't think McCarthy can keep a ML team (even if it is the Royals) to 1 run for 7 2/3 innings at this point in his career?

How many rookies have kept us to 1 run in 7 2/3 innings this year?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
I still remain amazed how many pitchers we've managed to make look like they are ace-quality.  Especially rookies.

I still remain amazed how we have the best record in the Major Leagues, are 7.5 games up on the Twins, and are 24 games over .500 on June 20.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
I am considering driving from Michigan to attend my first game of 2005 tonight.

Anyone want to hang out at the game?

I'll buy a beverage for you.

Half price ticket night!  :cheers

Damnit, knight, I would so take you up on that offer if not for basketball. It's ruining my damn summer... :crying

I still remain amazed how we have the best record in the Major Leagues, are 7.5 games up on the Twins, and are 24 games over .500 on June 20.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)

Couldn't agree more. I'm more amazed at their sick record. I'm soaking in every moment. It's making the summer so much fun, I can't wait for the next game to start, each the time the other one ends. :headbang :headbang :headbang

Edited by robinventura23