6/21/05 Game Thread CWS vs KC

knightni

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
I think that his 5.97 ERA hasn't helped out his offense much either.

Ya, I was absolutely shocked when I took a look at his era, I knew his record was bad but I would have never thought his era was that bad.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
Ya, I was absolutely shocked when I took a look at his era, I knew his record was bad but I would have never thought his era was that bad.

I am shocked to see that ERA too. Greinke has some good stuff. I guess this isn't his year, but he will be a good ace for KC or some team someday..

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
God damnit I hate Pods in CF

Ugh, he's so bad out there. Let's hope for a lot of groundball outs for Garland. That's good in two ways: Pods doesn't have to run many balls down, and Garland is in control of his sinker.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
Ugh, he's so bad out there.  Let's hope for a lot of groundball outs for Garland.  That's good in two ways:  Pods doesn't have to run many balls down, and Garland is in control of his sinker.

It will be an easy win if Garland in in control of his sinker.

I don't understand sitting Aaron Rowand in the middle of his RBI streak. I'm sorry, but watching Everett in the outfield is horrible. I would almost feel better if Timo was over there.

Plus, I believe that Ozuna played a decent LF when covering for Posednik early in the year.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
I don't understand sitting Aaron Rowand in the middle of his RBI streak.  I'm sorry, but watching Everett in the outfield is horrible.  I would almost feel better if Timo was over there.

Plus, I believe that Ozuna played a decent LF when covering for Posednik early in the year.

It's the only way to get Everett into 2 games out of every 3 game series.

Face it, as long as both are healthy, Thomas and Everett each are going to play 2 out of every 3 games. This means Everett will DH once, and he will play the outfield once. And it's a setup I honestly can't complain about. We need both of those bats to get regular playing time.

I think it's a decent idea to rotate who Everett subs for every series - 1 series he subs for Dye, the next he subs for Pods, the next he subs for ArRow. Keeps everyone's legs fresh, keeps everett in 66% of our games, and keeps Frank in the lineup.

And it also makes Timo that much more expendable.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
I don't understand sitting Aaron Rowand in the middle of his RBI streak.  I'm sorry, but watching Everett in the outfield is horrible.  I would almost feel better if Timo was over there.

I don't know if you've been paying attention, but Everett is probably a better fielder than Pods and Dye. Pods has the speed on him, no doubt, but Everett has been very solid this year. Pods is the worst at picking up the ball off the bat.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
I don't know if you've been paying attention, but Everett is probably a better fielder than Pods and Dye.  Pods has the speed on him, no doubt, but Everett has been very solid this year.  Pods is the worst at picking up the ball off the bat.

It has absolutely blown my mind how a person with Podsednik's speed could be so slow to get to a ball. I'd say his first step is in the wrong direction more than 1/2 the time. Someone needs to get his arse out in left field and start hitting fly balls that way. Hundreds of them.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
I don't know if you've been paying attention, but Everett is probably a better fielder than Pods and Dye.  Pods has the speed on him, no doubt, but Everett has been very solid this year.  Pods is the worst at picking up the ball off the bat.

It seems like Pods gets a bad jump on every damn ball hit into left field. Whenever there's a flyball in his direction hes always dancing around trying to get under the ball, he makes me extremely uneasy when he's out there but it is a neceessity to have him in the field and staying active.

Everett looked outstanding in the rightfield against the Dodgers on Saturday. He got to just about every ball out there and showed that he still has some firepower in that arm of his.

We saw Carl in RF the other day and he was pretty good there. I'm not too worried about him playing LF.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)

Dye must play real deep - which is usually a sign of a not so great outfielder - because he is always charging balls that drop in. Last night for one, and the other night on a ball Iguchi looked bad on that was up there a long time. I'm pretty unimpressed by Dye's fielding.

Oh, and he'll miss the cutoff man just about every time. Like his bat tho.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Dye must play real deep - which is usually a sign of a not so great outfielder - because he is always charging balls that drop in. Last night for one, and the other night on a ball Iguchi looked bad on that was up there a long time. I'm pretty unimpressed by Dye's fielding.

Oh, and he'll miss the cutoff man just about every time. Like his bat tho.

Dye came to us advertised as being much better on defense than he actually has been. It's been very disappointing. He's at least improved some as the season went on, but I have been less than impressed.

ArRow had some words a few weeks back about how having Dye there was helping him because he didn't need to cover as much ground. If that's true I haven't seen it, but maybe he's doing more out there than I know about.

Kansas City 

A. Berroa ss 
D. DeJesus cf 
T. Long dh 
E. Brown rf 
M. Stairs 1b 
M. Teahen 3b
S. Costa lf
A. Castillo c
R. Gotay 2b

Chi White Sox 
S. Podsednik cf