Flubs vs. White Sox 6/26/05 game thread

Dam8610

I was at the game today and wow it was pathetic. Double plays, pop outs, everything... Scotty didn't take many pitches, and the rest of the team wasn't patient either. It sucked being around there will all the annoying dumbass cubs fans. f*** 'em! We'll see who is in the playoffs...

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Who would have predicted that happening?

I predicted this happening .. Yesterday it was maddox's pitch a whole baseball outside and after it broke it was wellll beyond frank's bat and today no smart ball just get up there and get three strikes on you and grab some bench. Prior had nothing special today. We could afford to give the cubs two it was a sympathy win for the cubs................

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
Who would have predicted that happening?

POOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPY! Holy s***, where have you been?

Oh, I know. The team's been winning, and the first scent of them losing anything brings your ass back out.

Nice to see you again!

:cheers

Everyone needs to chill- we are 50-24. Let the Cubs have there glory for the weekend. In a couple days we will forget that we even played the Cubs. We will take 2 of 3 vs Detroit and the Cubs will lose 2 of 3 vs C Lee's BrewCrew, and once again the media will talk about how damn good we are- and how much help the Cubs need. Its all good guys. So just relax- crap open a beer- and enjoy your Monday. And remember- if any Cub fan gives you s*** tommorow just be like "We are 50-24 and you are 38-36. Enjoy your 1 day of glory- we have a whole season fully of glory." :gosox1:

That was a brutal game to attend. Garland pitched great but why in the hell did he give Korey Patterson ANYTHING to hit on an 0-2 count. That was moronic. Korey will swing at anything low and away on an 0-2 count. Konerko also had a nice error that led to the Cubs' second run. Watching our lineup swing at every pitch in the live was pretty disgusting. I absolutely loved those first-pitch pop-ups by Frank and Paulie. Oh, and I love when Cruddy swings at dog s*** pitches in the dirt and then complains. Get a clue, clueless Joe. Me thinks it's time for Randa.

Edited by Jabroni

The pitch to Patterson was a good pitch IMO. Garland didn't really put it anywhere that most would get anything on it, just Patterson hit a pitchers pitch. Tip your cap to him. The s***ass offense, on the other hand...glad to know that all-or-nothing swing philosophy is back in the heads of our hitters. :headshake

The pitch to Patterson was a good pitch IMO. Garland didn't really put it anywhere that most would get anything on it, just Patterson hit a pitchers pitch. Tip your cap to him. The s***ass offense, on the other hand...glad to know that all-or-nothing swing philosophy is back in the heads of our hitters.  :headshake

I just watched a replay of the pitch at MLB.com. It was a sinker that cut inside and over the plate. That's a stupid pitch to throw to Korey Patterson on an 0-2 count. Garland could have thrown one a foot off the plate away and in the dirt and Korey would have swung at it. The guy swings at everything, especially on 0-2 counts. I just don't get why whomever called for that pitch did so on an 0-2 count. It boggles my mind.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
Eww..just went and watched that myself...nice cut on the pitch, but it cut RIGHT into Pattersons wheelhouse...

Yeah, it's a good pitch to most people, but completely indefesable to Patterson. He swings at anything above the letters, and we're working him inside on a 0-2 pitch. :headshake

Eww..just went and watched that myself...nice cut on the pitch, but it cut RIGHT into Pattersons wheelhouse...

Yep, and Garland probably could have thrown Korey a pitch-out and he would have swung at it.

Yeah, it's a good pitch to most people, but completely indefesable to Patterson. He swings at anything above the letters, and we're working him inside on a 0-2 pitch. :headshake

My point exactly. I puked a little in my mouth after seeing Garland throw that pitch at the game. It was so stupid.

Edited by Jabroni

Was a shame too, because Garland pitched a great game except that pitch. Got some help up the middle with Ozuna and Willie throwing some great leather. 1 f***ing hit off of this Cubs team....was hard to sit and watch today.

Was a shame too, because Garland pitched a great game except that pitch. Got some help up the middle with Ozuna and Willie throwing some great leather. 1 f***ing hit off of this Cubs team....was hard to sit and watch today.

Yep, that was the only thing Garland did wrong but it was a really stupid decision. Konerko screwed up on that chopper but it was an unearned run.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
That was a brutal game to attend.  Garland pitched great but why in the hell did he give Korey Patterson ANYTHING to hit on an 0-2 count.  That was moronic.  Korey will swing at anything low and away on an 0-2 count.  Konerko also had a nice error that led to the Cubs' second run.  Watching our lineup swing at every pitch in the live was pretty disgusting.  I absolutely loved those first-pitch pop-ups by Frank and Paulie.  Oh, and I love when Cruddy swings at dog s*** pitches in the dirt and then complains.  Get a clue, clueless Joe.  Me thinks it's time for Randa.

Where were you sitting? I was in section 111

It was pretty cool seeing some of the 85' Bears at the game today. [cheap shot]Luckily Dave Duerson managed to get through the ceremony without hitting his wife.[/cheap shot]

P.S.: Connie Payton throws like a girl. I got chills when they announced her name.

Edited by Kalapse

It was pretty cool seeing some of the 85' Bears at the game today. [cheap shot]Luckily Dave Duerson managed to get through the ceremony without hitting his wife.[/cheap shot]

P.S.: Connie Payton throws like a girl. I got chills when they announced her name.

Ummm, why? :huh

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
I know but Connie Payton is not Walter Payton.  I guess I don't understand why she's viewed as an idol or something.

Her husband was a great player and a great man, she has done a lot to help people through the success of her husband.

Plus when possibly the biggest sports idol other than Jordan dies and his wife makes herself available to the public eye, she's going to become pretty popular.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 02:35 AM)

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 02:46 AM)
Ummm, why? :huh

why? what the hell kind of question is that?

you've never had the chills before? :snow

maybe a short, cool breeze blew through his row, then.

maybe he's getting sick?

maybe a drunken cubs fan spilled beer down his back.

who cares why? :cheers