Sox vs. Tigers 6/29/05 6:05 CST Gamethread

Capn12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't tell me what to do. I have been a fan since you were in diapers. Don't start something. You know nothing about me.

Nancy at Red Door said she'd leave the bookworm guy and give me some Ashley Banfield-esque noggin' if you would only stop yourself.

4-3 Sox, are you nuts, please.

That was Detroit's first extra-innings loss of the season. They were 6-0 in extra-inning affairs up until tonight.

Detroit has the most disgusting situational hitting in the MLB. I can't even believe how bad they are when it counts.

Is Dmitri Young still hitless against the Sox on the season? Good prediction, fatso.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
I'm sure that was the plan win or lose. They are in Detroit.

Well said, I truly don't know how they do it. They should have lost three times tonight. The bottom of the bullpen came through. I still think Ozzie was way off tonight. hermy should have been in there.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Nancy at Red Door said she'd leave the bookworm guy and give me some Ashley Banfield-esque noggin' if you would only stop yourself.

4-3 Sox, are you nuts, please.

I knew they would win thats why I left.

I just left you a message on your cell and also on your email. Are you nuts? What's the matter with you, I'm serious. 4-3 Sox. I made it home alive.

How many unbelievable wins is that now? It just goes on and on. I'll go out on a limb here and say with the 13 innings, this board broke the season record for negative, reactive, unfair comments aimed at the players and coaches. I understand that if there wasn't a tremendous amount of passion for the team, then the player and coach bashing would not occur, but I think it is time that people stop crapping all over these guys. How many rabbits are they gonnas have to pull out before they are given a break? This might be the most special team assembled in decades. :headbang Try, for the love of God to at lest cut down on the bashing.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
I just left you a message on your cell and also on your email.  Are you nuts?  What's the matter with you, I'm serious.  4-3 Sox.  I made it home alive.

I called the door looking for you after thomas hit the HR. Smary said you left. I said I told you the Sox would win. He said yea I know You know everything.... At least he is learning.

I knew they would win thats why I left.

When the Bookworm Guy went to the bathroom, I'm serious, she was drunk enough and she told me she thought I was hot. I told her she looked awesome in those Ashley Banfield glasses but she should get them checked for accuracy. :lol:

I don't think the Bookworm Guy is gettin' it done, if you know what I'm sayin'. That huge argument you had with her was definite foreplay, I'm serious. Then the Bookworm Guy came back, he said "I think your buddy was hittin' on my girlfriend, I said "no way" but I was thinkin' if you go to the library where you belong I'm all over it". :lolhitting

You know exactly what I'm sayin'.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Alot of people on this site has no f***in faith in this team.. I see alot of people bashing Ozzie when something going wrong but as soon as the teams wins you dont hear anything from these losers..

Have some faith in the best team in baseball

I am still bashing Ozzie. I think this will catch up to him...maybe next year

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
When the Bookworm Guy went to the bathroom, I'm serious, she was drunk enough and she told me she thought I was hot.  I told her she looked awesome in those Ashley Banfield glasses but she should get them checked for accuracy. :lol:

I don't think the Bookworm Guy is gettin' it done, if you know what I'm sayin'.  That huge argument you had with her was definite foreplay, I'm serious.  Then the Bookworm Guy came back, he said "I think your buddy was hittin' on my girlfriend, I said "no way" but I was thinkin' if you go to the library where you belong I'm all over it". :lolhitting

You know exactly what I'm sayin'.

HAH no s***. How would getting in a heated argument mean I was I hitting on her. Please, that is nuts.

You guys take quickman way too seriously. Believe me, he is nuts but he is rooting right along with the best of you. Think reverse psychology, oh and by the way did I mention he is nuts. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Alot of people on this site has no f***in faith in this team.. I see alot of people bashing Ozzie when something going wrong but as soon as the teams wins you dont hear anything from these losers..

Have some faith in the best team in baseball

I see where you're coming from. But emotion is probably the biggest reason. Everyone that bashes the Sox on this board still will be fans of them. I did think it was funny how on Frank's 5th at bat everyone was cursing and him but on his 6th at bat he was the hero and everyone was praising him.

HAH no s***. How would getting in a heated argument mean I was I hitting on her. Please, that is nuts.

Think about it.

Guys like chicks to get passionate. He said he had not seen her that fired up in a couple of years. Do the math. You got her fired up, I was the guy in the White Cape, aka the Miller Beer truck driver shirt. She said she liked my style. Again, I told her to get those glasses checked. We had about 30 seconds alone, then the Bookworm Guy came back. I must say I was "almost" glad he showed back up. I felt kinda like Otter with Dean Wormer's wife, except in reverse, you know exactly what I'm sayin'.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
yes because my age has tons to do with how big of a White Sox fan I am

:headshake

We need less Chicken Littles on gamethreads, but its not like its anything new.

Right I follow you now, because you have faith in them and have had faith in them for years, all those years they went to the playoffs and won all those World series. They never lose right? And this team is the best ever and by everyone having faith like you they will undoubtedly win the world series. Now I understand you. The whitesox were your thesis, and this board was your source.

Point is, everyone can have whatever point of view they want. Since you do not know me, you also don't know that I don't put things in green. I figure this board has such smart people that color doesn't matter. I tried green once or twice but its not for me. anyway, i figure I can say whatever I want whenever I want too. And by they way so can you. You would never see jumping on anyone that stated what I stated. And yes age does matter, because through the years you gain knowledge. I am not right all the time but yes you gain knowledge.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
You guys take quickman way too seriously.  Believe me, he is nuts but he is rooting right along with the best of you.  Think reverse psychology, oh and by the way did I mention he is nuts. :lolhitting

Thank you from an elder statesman

Are we seriously arguing about the age of fans. You gotta be kidding me. Age is simply a number. Yes, as you progress, you gain knowledge but young ages do not lessen your fandom and knowledge. All this fan/age crap is exactly that, CRAP. A diehard is a diehard no matter what age.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
This is the part I will remember, :D      :lolhitting

Sort of like deciphering the meaning of "Sideways"?

I was still right on that, you sided with the chicks. I cannot believe that about the woman at the door. Is that why you were up my ass tonight? Damn, I could barely hear anything that was going on. In fact I could barely hear her talking back to me.