6/30 - Sox vs. Tigers Game Thread 12pm CT

Spiff

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
uuuh, the tarps not off, you liars

That was the exact same thing they showed 20 mins ago, I'm pretty sure they just replayed that tape, either that or Hawk said the exact same things twice in a row.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
Pods had 12 in 2004, and I think it's probably 1 of the biggest reasons he hit .240.

Last year he was swinging too hard on every pitch (much like everyone else in our lineup), and because of that, he hit a ton of popups.  Because he wasn't hitting the ball on the ground, he had no chance for his speed to manufacture hits for him, like he can this year.

He hit 9 in 2003 when he hit .315.  So yeah, he's due.  But honestly?  I wouldn't care at all if he didn't hit a single HR this year.  I'd rather have him focusing on putting the ball on the ground.  Every at bat.  His job is to get on base and run, not to hit the ball over the fence.

And he has done a great job of it. I almost hope he doesn't hit a HR all this year, because it means he has stayed within himself all year.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
I seriously think that SS2k5 is the only one who watched this softball shows.....:lol:

I can't watch it's just too boring........... :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Again, checking the Radar, the rain looks like it has nearly passed - 10 minutes ago it was on the last few miles of the storm front.

Starting time's going to depend entirely on how fast the Detroit grounds crew works. If we were in Chicago with Roger handling things, I'd say we'd be playing within 15 minutes of the rain stopping. In Detroit, i dunno.

QUOTE(go-sox05 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
softball is only cool when its like 40 year old dudes with beer bellys running around and  drinking.  Now thats funny

Those shows are boring as hell to watch but those guys are freaks.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Those shows are boring as hell to watch but those guys are freaks.

Hitting a softball 515 feet? C'mon. Not even tennis balls with aluminium bats go that far! Whatever that big guys name is.....he is DEFINITELY a Roids user.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
FYI, since the game hasn't started yet, people who did not make Picks to Click can still make them until the first pitch.  Only 22 people have picks in, and the standings are VERY tight.

I just went to make my pick to click and it is locked already. I noticed a few picks were Podsednik. Whoops.

Im going with Rowand, I think he is going to snap out of his funk now that he has been dropped in the lineup.