Pods = All Star

GoArow33

QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Holy s*** -- just got the same confirm # for a second time

:headbang

I'm not totally sure that baseball has a good random number generator running the thing...Technically out of 100000 possible numbers I should get a number that is below 1000 only 1 out of 100 times, and I'm absolutely certain they've been more common than that on me.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
I'm not totally sure that baseball has a good random number generator running the thing...Technically out of 100000 possible numbers I should get a number that is below 1000 only 1 out of 100 times, and I'm absolutely certain they've been more common than that on me.

Yeah, and there've been some odd coincidences. I could've sworn I had 93309 twice (just kind of an odd number, easy to remember), then after the second time, I got 9309, which is awful similar. Now I know this can happen, but I still have some doubts. I'm betting it's not just any number picked randomly.

Sorry for the off-topic. I'm taking a little break.

For those who don't know ..

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2005/fv/index.html

Use save form data on your browser after you have filled everything in.

Then after you vote hit BACK on the browser (NOT VOTE AGAIN) & it will pre-fill your form where you left it. You just need to enter the verification code then.

There are 3 key variables that get filled every time the form is loaded.

Those are auto-filled in the script that's why hitting back on the browser

is legitimate.

This way you save time not having to check stuff off, & fill in radio buttons.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

Don't be surprised if we lose though. You can blame me. I just didn't have time to work on the code.

I have written an intuitive java program that tries to determine text characters in an image. It doesnt do so well deciphering images that contain zigs & zags like you commonly find in sign ups but it does a good job on the image you see next to the verification key.

I didn't get the time to incorporate it in a bigger script that could automate the entire voting process. Basically one that incorporates the voting html, the flash movie, the deciphering function, fill in verification code, & submit.

Then loop the script to run as fast as your bandwidth allows to submit votes continuously.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this effort which makes me think a Yankee fan has already done it & spread it amongst his friends.

I just wanted to warn you of that possibility. By all means keep voting!

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
There hasn't been an update since the original one this morning that said Pods passed Jeter.

I expect within the next hour to see an article posted on MLB.com which claims Jeter is making a "12th hour comeback."

Truthfully, I can't imagine Pods winning.

It just doesn't seem right in the grand scheme of baseball. MLB's poster child not making the all-star team in place of Podsednik seems odd. Tony Kornheiser, on PTI, acted like many East Coast NYY fans this morning when they realized some no-named player is leading the All-Star voting ahead of Jeter. Maybe they just assumed Jeter would win and completely forgot to vote.

I wonder if the folks at ESPN and MLB.com will add a few thousand votes in the final moments once the notion of the "face of baseball" not earning a spot is realized.

However, if our efforts are rewarded and Pods makes the team, it should be great listening to Hawk/DJ announce his placement on the All-Star roster. The fans will likely grace him with a standing ovation.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
Don't be surprised if we lose though.  You can blame me.  I just didn't have time to work on the code.

I have written an intuitive java program that tries to determine text characters in an image.  It doesnt do so well deciphering images that contain zigs & zags like you commonly find in sign ups but it does a good job on the image you see next to the verification key. 

I didn't get the time to incorporate it in a bigger script that could automate the entire voting process.  Basically one that incorporates the voting html, the flash movie, the deciphering function, fill in verification code, & submit.

Then loop the script to run as fast as your bandwidth allows to submit votes continuously.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this effort which makes me think a Yankee fan has already done it & spread it amongst his friends.

I just wanted to warn you of that possibility.  By all means keep voting!

They had a guy on 670 yesterday that was from mlb.com and he said they throw out votes that use a computer program to cheat so I wouldnt advise doing that. Just vote the normal way otherwise your vote may not count.