Jason Schmidt News

Chisoxfn

The Chicago White Sox have been linked to Jason Schmidt for a few weeks as well as Omar Vizquel. A recent article acted as if talks on the Schmidt front have been quiet, but a San Francisco beat reporter (via radio) suggested that Takatsu could be part of a larger trade package with the Giants for Schmidt.

Note: I'm sure lots of Omar Vizquel news will come up with the Giants, specifically because of the Sox fondness of him as well as the fact that the Sox and Giants have been talking.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to bump this for the Schmitty game tonight. This is the stretch run for the trade deadline and a guys value and a team's interest really ride on these 4 or so starts. Good start last time for him, let's see if he can show consistency and perhaps he'd then be a Sox pitcher. He can put those silly USED to be good comments to bed. For those who watch games on the West coast, Jason Schmidt is capable of being not an Ace, but an Ace of the league.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Right now, I am honestly willing to trade Count, BMac, and Shingo for 1 1/2 seasons of Jason Schmidt....as long as we getr this piece of s*** Contreras out of this f***ing city.

:headshake :headshake :headshake

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
Right now, I am honestly willing to trade Count, BMac, and Shingo for 1 1/2 seasons of Jason Schmidt....as long as we getr this piece of s*** Contreras out of this f***ing city.

Contreras is a piece of s***? Wow...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)

That's a pretty harsh statement. Inconsistent, absolutely. A piece of s***, no way. Yea, he's frustrating to watch, but I wouldn't call him a piece of s***. Just my opinion.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)

Count dosent suck at all.

hes just about to hit a groove for the first time in his carrer and win about 10 in a row ala: garland

wheres that green button, i lost it

but really, no green intended, he dosent suck, hes a great number 4 starter

if your getting 13 out of 19 quality starts from your number 4, your in good shape and an upgrade from that level of preformance from that spot on your club would just be a cherry on the 50's vanilla soda pop

Get excited folks. He could be our ticket to the Series. Not sure about that? Check out his game one performance in the 03 NLDS. If that Series goes 5, the Florida Marlins fail to reach the World Series and Josh Beckett and Miguel Cabrera aren't household names.

Edited by Punch and Judy Garland

His velocity still worries me, I don't know if he can be successful throwing changes and curveballs all the time;

Jason Schmidt struck out 10 while allowing three runs in seven innings tonight against the Braves.

Schmidt gave up single runs in the first, fourth and sixth and never surrendered more than two hits in an inning. His velocity remains down, but it was a pretty encouraging performance. Jul. 20 - 1:31 am et

With Larry Monroe still looking at Schmidt, he could be added. In the Tribune today, it said the sox may be leaning toward adding a SP and moving a SP [el Duque or Contreras] to the "middle" of the sox bullpen.

Sox improve their SP and the bullpen with the one addition [as long as Contreras isn't traded for Schmidt]

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Contreras, Takatsu and a high prospect (McCarthy?) for Schmidt.  I'd do it if they would.  I could feel good with Buerhle, Garcia, Schmidt & Garland playoff rotation.

I could live with that as long as the high prospect isn't McCarthy.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 07:05 AM)
f*** McCarthy...we have a chance at something here, we need to go for it.

If we don't make the trade, we still have a chance at something here. Giving up 3 pitchers (although one is designated and one is somewhat estranged), just doesn't seem like a good business decision (think the Ritchie trade).

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
If we don't make the trade, we still have a chance at something here.  Giving up 3 pitchers (although one is designated and one is somewhat estranged), just doesn't seem like a good business decision (think the Ritchie trade).

I think everyone would agree that our odds improve greatly with the addition of Schmidt and Vizquel. The chances of us actually going someplace in the playoffs greatly improve. We have a chance to do something here even without a trade is true, however adding more talent to what we already have will never hurt.

The Ritchie trade? And what exactly happened with that? Granted Ritche sucked ass for us and we did give up too much, but what exactly happened to the pitchers we gave up? Sean Lowe? :puke , Josh Fogg :puke , Kip Wells is average at best. Not exactly the worst trade in the world either. I would definitely give up a package like that for Schmidt and I would definitely trade Contreras, Shingo, and McCarthy for Schmidt and Vizquel. No brainer right there.

Edited by southsideirish