GAME THREAD 7-18-2005 vs. Detroit

WSoxMatt

Hernendez (7-2) vs Douglass (2-0)

The White Sox have never seen Douglass...

Vs Hernandez...

Guillen .109

Infante .167

Inge 0-5

Logan 2-3

Monroe 1-3

Maggs .154

Pudge .250

Young 1-5

Hernandez is 1-0 this yr vs Detroit with a 3.86 ERA

Hernandez is 6-1 career vs Detroit with a 4.20 ERA

Douglass has a career record of 4-8 with a 6.03 ERA

Only 3 Sox hitters have ever seen Douglass...

Dye 0-1

Everett 1-1

WIdger 1-3

In his last outing Douglass allowed three earned runs and five hits in five innings at Tampa Bay on Thursday to improve to 2-0. His other win was over Arozona pitching 6 IP and 1 ER. He also threw 6 IP vs NYY allowing 1 ER

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
Ill be there Wednesday and BOO him all day!!!  He left and bashed the Sox and Guillen, thats reason enough.  C Lee took the high road and praised us.  I wonder how he feels being 18 some odd games out of first place now too!!

Didn't Ozzie bash the White Sox when he left after 1997?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)

I was pissed when the Sox hired Guillen I wanted a guy like Hargrove in here. Now 2 years later, Im glad Ozzie is here but Ill be man enough to admit I didnt like the hire at first at all!!!

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Douglass has been bad against lefties and good against righties.  So watch for the line-up to be stacked with lefties.  Pier, Carl, Scott, maybe even Timo.

Lefties hit .293 vs Douglass while righties are hitting .174

Let's Go El Duque...this one start could go a long way to getting you in the starting rotation for the playoffs. It's a challenge for sure; Detroit doesn't have a bad lineup. If you really mean it when you say you're feeling stronger than you did in the spring, it's time to prove it. And man, if you have a solid start...it'll make my head hurt a lot less from the trade threads.

I think now's as good a time as any to run off an 11 game win streak, or like 13 out of 14. Go get em boys!

:headbang :bringit :gosox3: :headbang

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
Remember the 1994 team everyone thought would win the World Series? If the White Sox went 6-17 their next 23 games they would have the same record as that team. It puts things into perspective as to how unbelievable they have played this year.

Good post. Another way to say it, the best record in franchise history through 90 games. This is the best White Sox team at this point in the season EVER. Think about that...

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)

Yes Ozzie bashed the White Sox because he was basically forced out of town and he loved the White Sox and he wanted to stay. He loves this team.

Magglio simply wanted more $$$$$ he didn't care about the White Sox. If he loved the White Sox- he would've taken the initial offer and stayed. You don't find loyalty that often anymore but Ozzie IMO is Mr. White Sox. He is the face of this team, he loves this team- and i sure am glad he is our manager. :headbang

To me Magglio is just the RF for the Detroit Tigers. If I were at the game tonight, I wouldn't even acknowledge him. Look where we are at without him. Everytime Jermaine Dye steps up to the plate, I think, Magglio who? Granted, he had some great moments as a White Sox and will be remembered as one of the better hitters. But it was his choice to leave and his choice to open his mouth. I hope he enjoys 4th place this year. With that....

I hope El Duque shuts him down everytime tonight.

BTW, the last 4 game sweep by the Sox was against the Yankees in 2000. Hopefully, they'll get the same reception tonight as they did after that road trip.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :gosoxretro: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
To me Magglio is just the RF for the Detroit Tigers.  If I were at the game tonight, I wouldn't even acknowledge him.  Look where we are at without him.  Everytime Jermaine Dye steps up to the plate, I think, Magglio who?  Granted, he had some great moments as a White Sox and will be remembered as one of the better hitters.  But it was his choice to leave and his choice to open his mouth.  I hope he enjoys 4th place this year.  With that....

BTW,  the last 4 game sweep by the Sox was against the Yankees in 2000. Hopefully, they'll get the same reception tonight as they did after that road trip. 

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:  :gosoxretro:  :gosox2:  :gosox1:  :gosox4:  :gosox3:

Unless storms blow up, the Sox are going to have practically a full house, and I have no doubt the place will go up for grabs when Thunderstruck kicks in. I have a feeling the start of tonights game will be one of those special moments we talk about for years to come.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
To me Magglio is just the RF for the Detroit Tigers.  If I were at the game tonight, I wouldn't even acknowledge him.  Look where we are at without him.  Everytime Jermaine Dye steps up to the plate, I think, Magglio who?  Granted, he had some great moments as a White Sox and will be remembered as one of the better hitters.  But it was his choice to leave and his choice to open his mouth.  I hope he enjoys 4th place this year.  With that....

BTW,  the last 4 game sweep by the Sox was against the Yankees in 2000. Hopefully, they'll get the same reception tonight as they did after that road trip. 

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:  :gosoxretro:  :gosox2:  :gosox1:  :gosox4:  :gosox3:

Come on now. If I were at the game, I would give him a nice little applause. Maggs was an awesome player for us, and until his departure never ruffled any feathers. However, I'm glad the White Sox did not re-sign him, bc that gave us the money to get sooo much more! (61 wins vs Detroit's 44)!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
Sox have never seen Douglass huh?  You know what that means.........SIGH.

RIP EM!!!!!!!!

We never saw the kid from LA either.....hmmm.

Make 'em eat major wads of s*** El Duque! Especially f**glio!

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Big Hurt Way Back @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
I'll be there tonight rootin my boys on.  Waiting for Frank to hit one to me in row 5 center field. :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosox1:  :gosoxretro:

I have a feeling you'll be a getting a ball... but from Rowand. Just a hunch.