7/20 Game thread vs. Detroit

Steff

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
Yikes lose a series to Detroit going into a 4 gamer with Boston :(

Eh.. the Yanks were swept by Tampa Bay.. it happens sometimes.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
Why because Ozzie values his latin players a bit more.  I am sure Timo would be playing 1st for the Angels late in games.

Ozzie pretty much didnt want Carlos Lee,Jose Valentin or Ordonez back and last time I checked they were all latin as well

Edited by Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
Clement, Wakefield, Miller and Arroyo will all look much better though when facing the White Sox lineup as opposed to that of the Yankees, Orioles, or Blue Jays.

I knew this was going to get ugly if the Sox lost this one, check that..if the sox trailed in this one. I'm done arguing with you guys, I'll just let the Sox do the talking for me this weekend. I'll stop posting in the game threads also, that should make you guys happy. :)

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Now this is where I draw the line.  Making an accusation like this is a bit more than just saying "Interpretation is invidual".

Uhh.. OK.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
Sometimes its going to be a slugfest, and we dont have the players to do that.  Pure and simple

Well, I wouldn't discount us. They are a good hitting team, but we have more HR's than them. I wouldn't like our chances in a slugfest, but I do think we have capable players if needed.

We were SHELLED.

Whatever, 5 wins 2 losses, I'll take it every time.

We can play Boston now, which is what this team was doing anyway -- looking forward to Boston rather than playing the Tiglets.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Racist "sounding". Interpretation is individual.

I didn't really have a problem with it. Is there any other plausible explanation why Timo is still on the roster (where we clearly don't have a need for another OF) and Gload is in the minors (where we clearly have a need for a backup --or maybe even a starting-- 1st baseman)?

Edited by Frankensteiner

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
Well, I wouldn't discount us.  They are a good hitting team, but we have more HR's than them.  I wouldn't like our chances in a slugfest, but I do think we have capable players if needed.

Just an off day. It happens. On July 20th it might happen to us for only the 31st time... pretty damn good, IMO.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
We were SHELLED.

Whatever, 5 wins 2 losses, I'll take it every time.

We can play Boston now, which is what this team was doing anyway -- looking forward to Boston rather than playing the Tiglets.

Ditto. The Tigers are capable of playing real good baseball. As we've just seen. They're also capable of screwing the pooch. I hope they stay hot through the weekend and spank the Twins around.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
I knew this was going to get ugly if the Sox lost this one, check that..if the sox trailed in this one.  I'm done arguing with you guys, I'll just let the Sox do the talking for me this weekend.  I'll stop posting in the game threads also, that should make you guys happy. :)

I think I might be with you. These have turned into the flavor of the week bash fest, and don't even talk about what is going on in the game. I feel depressed after reading these. We played bad the last couple of games, but have won 5 of 7 since the break. We have bounced back all year after losing a couple in a row. I'm going to enjoy this series against Boston and stay out of these threads.