Livan Hernandez??

SHAFTR

This is Livan's comments today:

"I'm not happy for three years. After the season, I'm going to tell you" why, said Hernandez, 12-4 with a 3.44 ERA and the unquestioned staff ace.

"It's 99.9 percent I'm not going to pitch no more" this season, he said. "I'm done, I think, so let's see what happens. ... I'll go to sleep and I'm going to make a decision tonight."

His right knee has been a nagging problem all year, and it was drained May 16. But Hernandez said it's not bothering him enough to affect his pitching -- nor was he told to have the knee worked on.

"It's not the doctors. It's me. I'm the doctor. I don't need it, but I'm going to" have an operation, he said.

Pressed to explain why, Hernandez said: "I'm tired of something. ... I'll tell you when the season's over. I'm mad."

Will this mean Nationals will try to get rid of him? Maybe he wants to play with his brother. It's just an idea.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
if he's talking like this, why would we want to spend to get him?

i dont disagree that he is awesome, but he doesn't seem to want to be playing baseball.

I think he is sick of playing for the (expos).

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)
Sick of a decent team in 1st place, why exactly?

i can only speculate but i know that alot of the players on the nationals dislike frank robinson and dont like to play for him. thats the only thing i can think of.

Seems to me that there is something behind the scenes going on here. IMO there seemingly are very few guys in baseball who do more for there teams than Livan Hernandez. He is an absolute workhorse, goes out there and gets the job done on a very consistent basis, is an overall athlete who can hit very well for a pitcher, and he's a gamer...they practically have to drag the guy off the field. I would love to have him on the Sox.

QUOTE(OfficerKarkovice @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Seems to me that there is something behind the scenes going on here.  IMO there seemingly are very few guys in baseball who do more for there teams than Livan Hernandez.  He is an absolute workhorse, goes out there and gets the job done on a very consistent basis, is an overall athlete who can hit very well for a pitcher, and he's a gamer...they practically have to drag the guy off the field.  I would love to have him on the Sox.

Send Washington Sean Tracy and Shingo. Then they can put Contreras in the BP.

The Cuban trifecta would be interesting to say the least.

Livan's a great fit with the White Sox given El Duque's presence on the team. On the flip side, Contreras would benefit hugely from pitching in RFK (he's a flyball pitcher).

I say Livan and Ryan Church for Contreras, Bajenaru, Takatsu and Brian Anderson.

I believe he's pissed off the Nationals just released Wil Cordero, who was his best friend on the team, and so he's threatening them. I kind of doubt he'll sit out the rest of the season, but that's just me. Perhaps a trade to Ozzie and El Duque would brighten his attitude...