Dye injured

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
yeah true, but i still dont think hed be DLed cuz of it. i could be wrong tho. i mean its not like this guy was in the heart of africa or south america or something. whats the worst he coulda gotten bitten by???

A big nasty spider.

http://ohoh.essortment.com/mostpoisonouss_rotk.htm

The Brown Recluse

The brown recluse is a drab little bug, much less well known than its distant cousin the black widow. The Laxoceles clan, including the North American representatives, L. reclusa and L. rufescens, are ordinary looking, medium-sized brown spiders less than an inch long. They like living in human structures, and often set their webs in corners or in heating ducts. They also enjoy bunking with humans, and have a nasty habit of crawling into clothing as well. Most victims are bitten while dressing or sleeping.

In its own way, the brown recluse’s venom is much nastier than that of the Lacrodectus. Recluse venom is a necrotic toxin: that is, instead of affecting a victim’s nervous system, it acts directly on the skin and musculature to kill the tissues immediately surrounding the bite. The dead tissues heal very slowly, if at all. The effects include a stinging sensation in the vicinity of the bite, coupled with vomiting, restlessness, and malaise. If the venom fails to penetrate the skin, the bite is not life-threatening; however, if it does, the victim may suffer more severe symptoms, including kidney failure (which may turn the urine black) and toxic shock reactions. However, death in unlikely; since 1896, fewer than ten of 130+ brown recluse cases recorded in the United States have resulted in death. In severe cases, necrosis may lead to gangrene, which can require amputation.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
Damn, I have heard that brown recluse spider bites are the worst. If not treated asap, it can lead to serious conditions. Thats sucks for JD...get well soon!

That's not confirmed that he got bit by that spider. Knight was just noting that the brown recluse is probably the worst he could have been bitten by.

Scott Reifert says this:

Jermaine Dye was scratched from the lineup with infected bug bites on the back of his leg.  Evidently, they became infected when he slid in one game.  He wanted to play tonight, but Ozzie wanted to rest him.  My guess is he will be available to pinch hit if needed.

Nothing about Frank.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
Someone reported on WSI that Frank got injured  during batting practice and Gload is on his way up..

Not to sure if this is true

Great news if you ask me. Gload is the exact type of guy this club could use right now, imo.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)

The Brown Recluse

The brown recluse is a drab little bug, much less well known than its distant cousin the black widow. The Laxoceles clan, including the North American representatives, L. reclusa and L. rufescens, are ordinary looking, medium-sized brown spiders less than an inch long. They like living in human structures, and often set their webs in corners or in heating ducts. They also enjoy bunking with humans, and have a nasty habit of crawling into clothing as well. Most victims are bitten while dressing or sleeping.

In its own way, the brown recluse’s venom is much nastier than that of the Lacrodectus. Recluse venom is a necrotic toxin: that is, instead of affecting a victim’s nervous system, it acts directly on the skin and musculature to kill the tissues immediately surrounding the bite. The dead tissues heal very slowly, if at all. The effects include a stinging sensation in the vicinity of the bite, coupled with vomiting, restlessness, and malaise. If the venom fails to penetrate the skin, the bite is not life-threatening; however, if it does, the victim may suffer more severe symptoms, including kidney failure (which may turn the urine black) and toxic shock reactions. However, death in unlikely; since 1896, fewer than ten of 130+ brown recluse cases recorded in the United States have resulted in death. In severe cases, necrosis may lead to gangrene, which can require amputation.

I haven't had this hard a time pronouncing the words in a thread post since some of the Twins game threads a few years back...

Oh yummy;

"It's feeling better. It's just sore right now," Dye said Friday. "(Thursday night) I went and stayed at the hospital overnight and got antibiotics in me. This morning, I got like six bites, so they cut open each one of them and tried to push the stuff out of them. So now I'm just trying to get through the soreness and maybe play (today), if not Sunday."

"It's feeling better. It's just sore right now," Dye said Friday. "(Thursday night) I went and stayed at the hospital overnight and got antibiotics in me. This morning, I got like six bites, so they cut open each one of them and tried to push the stuff out of them. So now I'm just trying to get through the soreness and maybe play (today), if not Sunday."

Grosss :puke :puke

I didn't read the post prior to this one (so this may have been said earlier) but, anyword on Dye's return?

QUOTE(traydragen @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
Grosss :puke  :puke

I didn't read the post prior to this one (so this may have been said earlier) but, anyword on Dye's return?

What DB just posted is from today. I'd assume, though he's probably able to play today, Ozzie's not going to let him. Dye will most likely be back again on Sunday.