Last night's game

retro1983hat

Last night we looked like we abandoned our current mindset and played like we didd the last three years.

We hit home runs, made errors and bad relief pitching cost us the game. Yesterday's game reminded me of the August afternoon game against the Twins last year when we were swept. It was the game where Jose Valentin made almost the exact same error that Crede did and opened up the door for the Twins to put us away.

Yes we have a 10 game lead, but things don't look great right now.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
All teams go through tough stretches. If this stretch is as bad as it gets, the sox [and us fans] should consider themselves damn lucky.

Only a few tweaks are needed to take this team deep in the playoffs

Yea all teams do go through tough stretches, but if we can't pull our weight against these teams, then we aint goin nowhere.....I am not gonna be happy with just winning the division

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)

the sox looked like boys among men against boston... those "few tweaks" better be effective...

We played our sloppiest and worst baseball all year last night with 3 errors and still nearly won the game. I would hardly consider that playing like boys amongst men. Boston isn't that impressive, we just beat ourselves.

Edited by SoxFanForever

the sox looked like boys among men against boston... those "few tweaks" better be effective...

youre joking right? the sox outslugged boston with 3 homers to one. i dont remember at all being dominated in teh fashion that boys would be facing men. we battled with tehir best starter, grabbed a run off schilling, and even put pressure on timlin. the only place we looked like boys was in the field. but its absurd to say we looked like boys vs. boston. we played with them every second of that game, despite beating ourselves.

youre joking right? the sox outslugged boston with 3 homers to one. i dont remember at all being dominated in teh fashion that boys would be facing men. we battled with tehir best starter, grabbed a run off schilling, and even put pressure on timlin. the only place we looked like boys was in the field. but its absurd to say we looked like boys vs. boston. we played with them every second of that game, despite beating ourselves.

That sounds farmiliar :lol:

:cheers

That sounds farmiliar :lol:

:cheers

haha i know, sorry right after i posted it isaw that you had posted nearly the same thing during the time in which it took me to write mine....great minds think alike i guess

Last night's loss felt so bad because we beat ourselves. Here we are, trying to show that the Sox are for real against the champs, and we spit the bit. Our Sox need to show more focus and mental toughness if they're going to make a splash in the playoffs. It was very disheartening to see them play as poorly as they did last night.

A couple good games this weekend and I think we'll all feel better.

:gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox1:

QUOTE(Balance @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 09:55 AM)
Last night's loss felt so bad because we beat ourselves.  Here we are, trying to show that the Sox are for real against the champs, and we spit the bit.  Our Sox need to show more focus and mental toughness if they're going to make a splash in the playoffs.  It was very disheartening to see them play as poorly as they did last night.

A couple good games this weekend and I think we'll all feel better.

:gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosox2:  :gosox1:

My sentiments exactly.

We played our sloppiest and worst baseball all year last night with 3 errors and still nearly won the game. I would hardly consider that playing like boys amongst men. Boston isn't that impressive, we just beat ourselves.

Their lineup impresses me greatly.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
We played our sloppiest and worst baseball all year last night with 3 errors and still nearly won the game.  I would hardly consider that playing like boys amongst men.  Boston isn't that impressive, we just beat ourselves.

Their lineup impresses me greatly.

Having a $125 million payroll sure helps that...

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 06:54 AM)
Last night we looked like we abandoned our current mindset and played like we didd the last three years.

We hit home runs, made errors and bad relief pitching cost us the game. Yesterday's game reminded me of the August afternoon game against the Twins last year when we were swept. It was the game where Jose Valentin made almost the exact same error that Crede did and opened up the door for the Twins to put us away.

Yes we have a 10 game lead, but things don't look great right now.

After 88 years of pain and suffering you can't blame some fans for being doubting Thomases including yours truly. I'm unhappy on a number of things lately. Thank heavens for the Cleveland series. Every time this year the Sox looked like they were going into a deep funk, they've gone on another tear. It's time to do it again. The upcoming schedule has no mercy.

Yeah that. Crede hasn't made an error in forever and he just dropped a ball, gooch hasn't made an error in what 36 games?? He makes two errors in one play. Rowand misplayed a ball where he always makes that play. We just played terrible and still could have won that game. I think we'll prove these next 3 games who the better team is. :)

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
After 88 years of pain and suffering you can't blame some fans for being doubting Thomases including yours truly. I'm unhappy on a number of things lately. Thank heavens for the Cleveland series. Every time this year the Sox looked like they were going into a deep funk,  they've gone on another tear. It's time to do it again. The upcoming schedule has no mercy.

Deep funk? When? They've never lost more than 3 consecutive games. That's a speed dump, not a deep funk.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
After 88 years of pain and suffering you can't blame some fans for being doubting Thomases including yours truly. I'm unhappy on a number of things lately. Thank heavens for the Cleveland series. Every time this year the Sox looked like they were going into a deep funk,  they've gone on another tear. It's time to do it again. The upcoming schedule has no mercy.

Uhhh, Kansas City?

Still thin the Sox are boys playing among Boston men! We could have won two games in the row if not for the 3 errors.

:lolhitting