White Sox vs. Red Sox July 24 Game Thread

YASNY

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Keith, there are a lot worse here than him ... his stuff is mild by comparison.

At least he's making objective points about the players, once he stopped all the 3rd person references he's making more sense ...  :P

I'm sorry... I'm just pretty fed up with Vizcaino. I mean, at least Shingo had a gong. What the heck does Vizcaino have, huh? :D

But seriously -- with a team that stresses pitching and defense so much, I think it would be nice to have confidence in every pitcher. Or, at least, some confidence. I think I can say that about every other reliever in the Sox 'pen besides Luis...

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Haha.  Konerko is so predictable and bad, that it's funny.

He took a cookie for the first pitch.

He popped out looking for a homer, on a bad pitch.

This guy sucks.

He's gotten on base twice today and drove in 2. THere are much better days to bash him. Save your energy for those.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
1st pitch breaking ball down the middle to PK. How many times have we seen that this year??

Shocker!!! He should go to the plate with 1 strike. EVERY f***in first pitch is piped for him and he watches it!!! And again...he gets a gift...and does nothing with it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Haha.  Konerko is so predictable and bad, that it's funny.

He took a cookie for the first pitch.

He popped out looking for a homer, on a bad pitch.

This guy sucks.

The pitch he popped out was a hanger that should go 425 ft.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
He's gotten on base twice today and drove in 2. THere are much better days to bash him. Save your energy for those.

No, then I wouldn't be sticking to my guns. He sucks and I'll say it every single day, even when he does occasionally do well.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Gordon just gave up the GS against Angels the other day....he always gives up the homer at the wrong time?  Remember his days with the Sox?  You can have em!

Texas: James Baldwin

NY Yankees: Tanyon Sturtze

Bosox: Mike Timlin

Oakland: Justin Duchscherer

Chisox: Luis Vizcaino

Angels: Esteban Yan

Twins: Terry Mulholland

All these guys absolutely suck and they all drive the fans mad to see em come in the game! I for one agree that Vizcaino should not pitch in close games in the playoffs, but what he has done over the past month can not be taken away from him or how he has helped the SOX. So please guys just love this guy for what he has done lately and lets hope that he isn't the reason the SOX win or lose in the playoffs!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
Texas:  James Baldwin

All these guys absolutely suck and they all drive the fans mad to see em come in the game!  I for one agree that Vizcaino should not pitch in close games in the playoffs, but what he has done over the past month can not be taken away from him or how he has helped the SOX.  So please guys just love this guy for what he has done lately and lets hope that he isn't the reason the SOX win or lose in the playoffs!

Duchscherer most assuredly does not "absolutely suck." Nor does Mike Timlin. Both guys have an ERA under 2

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
The pitch he popped out was a hanger that should go 425 ft.

That's what I was saying. It was a bad pitch by the pitcher.

Shouldn't someone else have started this inning? It's not like we don't have like 3 more dependable relievers after Cotts.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Texas:  James Baldwin

All these guys absolutely suck and they all drive the fans mad to see em come in the game!  I for one agree that Vizcaino should not pitch in close games in the playoffs, but what he has done over the past month can not be taken away from him or how he has helped the SOX.  So please guys just love this guy for what he has done lately and lets hope that he isn't the reason the SOX win or lose in the playoffs!

He was an All star... Save your thoughts, they suck.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
I like ozzie's new policy of "you walk a guy as a reliever, you're gone"

That works for me, as Hawk says "The Dreaded leadoff Walk"

You know how many times it comes around to sroce unles it is the White Sox getting the walk :angry: