White Sox vs. Red Sox July 24 Game Thread

YASNY

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
Congrats, go look at Neals stats ALL YEAR.

Look it is more impressive to me to see a guy absolutely suck balls, almost get run out of town by the fans & media, and turn it around like Vizcaino has! It takes a lot of character to come back like that! Lets just compare Vizcaino of then and now, not against other pitchers on this team. Cotts has been great this entire year, I don't need to check his stats.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Look it is more impressive to me to see a guy absolutely suck balls, almost get run out of town by the fans & media, and turn it around like Vizcaino has!  It takes a lot of character to come back like that!  Lets just compare Vizcaino of then and now, not against other pitchers on this team.  Cotts has been great this entire year, I don't need to check his stats.

I never wanted to run Cotts outta town. I thought Ozzie did overuse him last year though

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Look it is more impressive to me to see a guy absolutely suck balls, almost get run out of town by the fans & media, and turn it around like Vizcaino has!  It takes a lot of character to come back like that!  Lets just compare Vizcaino of then and now, not against other pitchers on this team.  Cotts has been great this entire year, I don't need to check his stats.

Look guys NY Yankees absolutely have zippo bullpen, Boston pretty much sucks ass, and the Angels have Esteban Yan who might as well be 10x worse than Vizcaino. Can you name anybody other than duschbag on Oakland in there pen?

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Look guys NY Yankees absolutely have zippo bullpen, Boston pretty much sucks ass, and the Angels have Esteban Yan who might as well be 10x worse than Vizcaino.  Can you name anybody other than duschbag on Oakland in there pen?

Rivera and Gordon have been lights out for the Yankees most of the year. Sturtze has been pretty good lately as well.

Let's add on and send these guys a message, we need this game big time.

BTW, if Ozzie was talking specifically about Burnett on WGN, I expect this trade to definitely happen.

I give you credit, you're sticking to your guns.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
Rivera and Gordon have been lights out for the Yankees most of the year. Sturtze has been pretty good lately as well.

Gordon just gave up the GS against Angels the other day....he always gives up the homer at the wrong time? Remember his days with the Sox? You can have em!

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
Let's add on and send these guys a message, we need this game big time.

BTW, if Ozzie was talking specifically about Burnett on WGN, I expect this trade to definitely happen.

Burnett has looked FILTHY today. If McCarthy-Marte is all it takes to get him...........DO IT!!!!!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Look guys NY Yankees absolutely have zippo bullpen, Boston pretty much sucks ass, and the Angels have Esteban Yan who might as well be 10x worse than Vizcaino.  Can you name anybody other than duschbag on Oakland in there pen?

Calero (injured early)... Street...

I'm glad you've brought so much to the board in your stay here. "duschbag"...

Calero (injured early)...  Street...

I'm glad you've brought so much to the board in your stay here.  "duschbag"...

Keith, there are a lot worse here than him ... his stuff is mild by comparison.

At least he's making objective points about the players, once he stopped all the 3rd person references he's making more sense ... :P