Badmouthing Cellular and the Whitesox

Did anyone hear the asshole today on ESPN 1000? The guy that was replacing Dan Patrick, stated that he went to the Sox-Boston game on Saturday and was totally disappointed with our club and Cellular. He stated that we aren't a very good team at all, and is surprised that we are where we are at. He said our hitting sucked, as well as our bullpen, and that we only had starting pitching. He also bad mouthed Cellular and the fans, saying that it was a boring park, and the fans weren't entusiastic about the team. He said our seventh inning stretch was a takeoff from the Cubs and that there is no reason that anyone should go to a game there.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Did anyone hear the asshole today on ESPN 1000? The guy that was replacing Dan Patrick, stated that he went to the Sox-Boston game on Saturday and was totally disappointed with our club and Cellular. He stated that we aren't a very good team at all, and is surprised that we are where we are at. He said our hitting sucked, as well as our bullpen, and that we only had starting pitching. He also bad mouthed Cellular and the fans, saying that it was a boring park, and the fans weren't entusiastic about the team. He said our seventh inning stretch was a takeoff from the Cubs and that there is no reason that anyone should go to a game there.

If it was Eric Castillias then it makes sense. He is a no nothing blowhard who jerks it to the red sawx and their dump of a stadium. Sorry we dont blow our loads when a popup to the 2nd baseman happens like the bosawx fans. OH MY GAWD MILLLLLLAAAHHHH, HE HE JUST MISSED IT. And Gooch goes back 2 feet near the outfield grass to record the out.

I was there Saturday.

And, was there really anything for the fans to get excited about? The Sox got behind early, and when they tried to mount a comeback in the ninth, the fans were really into it. I mean, there were moments, say El Duque vs. Ortiz or an in-game matchup like that, but other than subtle moments like that, the White Sox didn't really give us (the fans) anything to get excited about.

I was there Saturday.

And, was there really anything for the fans to get excited about?  The Sox got behind early, and when they tried to mount a comeback in the ninth, the fans were really into it.  I mean, there were moments, say El Duque vs. Ortiz or an in-game matchup like that, but other than subtle moments like that, the White Sox didn't really give us (the fans) anything to get excited about.

I agree, but you don't base a whole year on a single game, and probably the worst game of the year for us, and it was Eric Castillias, or whatever his name is.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 04:09 AM)
I agree, but you don't base a whole year on a single game, and probably the worst game of the year for us, and it was Eric Castillias, or whatever his name is.

Oh, I totally agree with you. I can care less if some dumbass who has watched about one White Sox game this year is going to tell us that we're bad.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)

That jagbag said last week that if we were in the AL East we would be in 4th place.

Well I wasnt exactly impressed by his bad pitching and not so good situational hitting. Their stadium is an old dump that used to flood when it drizzled until the sodfather redid their field. They are a trendy group who believe they are entitled due to their one championship. I hope we beat their bandwagonning asses in October so I can write Eric Castratous a nice email.

HEY ERIC, PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday was a terrible day to judge the fans of the team as keith already said. We were there saturday and how many times were there to actually be enthusiastic on saturday?

the rally in the 9th that ended in 1 pitch?

a few tight jams by duque?

that's way too short a list.

I heard it and it wasn't as bad as reported. He attended the Cards game the day before and if anyone hasn't been to a Cards game, it is intense. They really rock their park. Heading to the Cell during a bad game won't compare.

He complained that the Cell was sterile and without personality. The same rap we've been hearing for years.

He pointed out we have exactly zero .300 hitters and rank almost last in team average. Can't argue with that factoid. He mentioned Pods has zero home runs and 18 rbis. Not certain why that was a big deal.

He stated Ozzie should be Manager of the Year. Right now, don't even vote. He's making it happen.

The one complaint I was puzzled by is he didn't like the food at the Cell and called it generic with hot dogs and pizza. He was looking for ribs or some Chicago specialties. Has the menus changed since last year?

I was switching channels yesterday and caught around the horn. The topic was the best team in the AL. Of course, Mariotti chose the Angels, the guy from Denver ruffled his ESPN bosses feathers with his proclamation that the White Sox would go all the way. Calishaw, I think his name is, will probably be suspended for saying the White Sox. And Plashke said it was the Angels, and took it to another level saying the Angels are privately saying they want to play the White Sox in the first round, thinking they will destroy them due to lack of playoff experience vs. the playoff tested Angels. Of course he didn't mention most of the Angels had no playoff experience when they won the World Series a few years ago. It used to make me mad, but now I just laugh. When the White Sox win it all watch how many of these guys claimed they saw it all along.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:55 AM)
I heard it and it wasn't as bad as reported. He attended the Cards game the day before and if anyone hasn't been to a Cards game, it is intense. They really rock their park. Heading to the Cell during a bad game won't compare.

He complained that the Cell was sterile and without personality. The same rap we've been hearing for years.

He pointed out we have exactly zero .300 hitters and rank almost last in team average. Can't argue with that factoid. He mentioned Pods has zero home runs and 18 rbis. Not certain why that was a big deal.

He stated Ozzie should be Manager of the Year. Right now, don't even vote. He's making it happen.

The one complaint I was puzzled by is he didn't like the food at the Cell and called it generic with hot dogs and pizza. He was looking for ribs or some Chicago specialties. Has the menus changed since last year?

He was complaining about USCF after being to Busch Stadium? This guy really is an idiot then. Busch stadium is a dump. It was one of the worst places I ever saw a ballgame. The fans were nice and smart, but I could never complain about our home park after seeing the s***hole that St Louis is. It is a round cookie cutter stadium, with a couple of extra things done to it. It is generic, the site lines suck, and the air doesn't move in it because there is not an openning for air to flow through. The only thing worse than watching a game in STL is eating the food at the ballpark. There was no choice, and it tasted like microwaved cardboard. After seeing a game there, I could not see why anyone would ever say they liked that place.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:09 AM)
He was complaining about USCF after being to Busch Stadium?  This guy really is an idiot then.  Busch stadium is a dump.  It was one of the worst places I ever saw a ballgame.  The fans were nice and smart, but I could never complain about our home park after seeing the s***hole that St Louis is.  It is a round cookie cutter stadium, with a couple of extra things done to it.  It is generic, the site lines suck, and the air doesn't move in it because there is not an openning for air to flow through.  The only thing worse than watching a game in STL is eating the food at the ballpark.  There was no choice, and it tasted like microwaved cardboard.  After seeing a game there, I could not see why anyone would ever say they liked that place.

Which might have something to do with why they are tearing down the not all that old dump.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:55 AM)

No.. he obviously just didn't get off his lazy ass to go get other stuff.

The fact he thought we have nothing but hot dogs and pizza shows his total ignorance.

I'm not sure why anyone even cares what this ass clown thinks of our park anyway.

I hope he never returns to it. Ever.

I saw that on Around the Horn as well. My favorite arguement against the Sox in the postseason is "They aren't built for the playoffs." These guys are getting paid to argue about sports and don't understand that speed, defense, and pitching win in the playoffs. But you are right, no reason to get mad, just have to show them up in September and October.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:09 AM)
He was complaining about USCF after being to Busch Stadium?  This guy really is an idiot then.  Busch stadium is a dump.  It was one of the worst places I ever saw a ballgame.  The fans were nice and smart, but I could never complain about our home park after seeing the s***hole that St Louis is.  It is a round cookie cutter stadium, with a couple of extra things done to it.  It is generic, the site lines suck, and the air doesn't move in it because there is not an openning for air to flow through.  The only thing worse than watching a game in STL is eating the food at the ballpark.  There was no choice, and it tasted like microwaved cardboard.  After seeing a game there, I could not see why anyone would ever say they liked that place.

His comparison was to the fans. The Sox fans were sitting on their hands, versus the Card fans cheering from the first inning.

The word he used was "electricity". There was "electricity" in the air at Busch and he just didn't feel it at the Cell. Based on the games attended, I could believe that.

Last I looked St. Louis was trailing just the Yankees and the Dodgers in attendance. We're middle of the pack. A factoid that is just that, a fact. What one makes of that is up to their opinion and bias.

St. Louis fans are among the best I've been around while attending a game. The dump they play in makes it all the more amazing.

You mean someone in the Media doesn't worship the ground the White Sox walk on.. And they are mebers of ESPN.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YOU LIE.

Jesus fa-king christ people, talk about

602__image_09.jpg

Someone should merge this into one big huge topic of

Media hates the Sox.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
His comparison was to the fans. The Sox fans were sitting on their hands, versus the Card fans cheering from the first inning.

The word he used was "electricity". There was "electricity" in the air at Busch and he just didn't feel it at the Cell. Based on the games attended, I could believe that.

Last I looked St. Louis was trailing just the Yankees and the Dodgers in attendance. We're middle of the pack. A factoid that is just that, a fact. What one makes of that is up to their opinion and bias.

St. Louis fans are among the best I've been around while attending a game. The dump they play in makes it all the more amazing.

If the Sox were the only team in Chicago, we'd draw as well as St Louis does.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
If the Sox were the only team in Chicago, we'd draw as well as St Louis does.

and if ifs were skiffs, we'd have a Navy. The fact is, there are two teams, we are at the mlb average in attendance.

There are two teams in NY and the Yankees are #1 and the Mets are #6.

There are two teams in LA and the Dodgers and Angels are #3 and #4.

Bay Area? Giants #5, Oakland #24

There are two teams in Chicago and the Cubs are #8 and the Sox are #16

That's total attendance, ranking the averages are about the same.

Of the eight teams, who has the best record? Who has the best park?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
and if ifs were skiffs, we'd have a Navy. The fact is, there are two teams, we are at the mlb average in attendance.

There are two teams in NY and the Yankees are #1 and the Mets are #8.

There are two teams in LA and the Dodgers and Angels are #2 and #4.

There are two teams in Chicago and the Cubs are #6 and the Sox are #17

Of the six teams, who has the best record? Who has the best park?

The LA area and NY area make the Chicagoland area look like Iowa in comparison, population-wise.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)

There are two teams in NY and the Yankees are #1 and the Mets are #8.

There are two teams in LA and the Dodgers and Angels are #2 and #4.

There are two teams in Chicago and the Cubs are #6 and the Sox are #17

Of the six teams, who has the best record? Who has the best park?

NYC is 3 times the size of Chicago. Anaheim is in LA like South Bend is in Chicago. Plus both LA and NYC have metro areas that are way larger than Chicago. Chicago is the smallest multiteam city in MLB.