7-27-05 Game thread Sox @ KC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stolen from SA forums:

Except the Sox aren't protesting a call in the game, they're protesting the Royals playing a player who shouldn't have been allowed in the game because he wasn't on the roster according to the lineup cards exchanged at the start of the game.

No clue who that is.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
This past week has to be the worst in White Sox baseball for the whole year. We need to get it together. Ozzie should do something wacky and just put in all the bench players the next game and allow rest for our starters.

Something about that sounds a little too familiar....

DJ has to be the biggest jinx in the history of all jinxes. I swear everytime something goes right, he remarks about it and the very next pitch its over.

Luisa can go with for the ride for any trade consummated by the end of the week, they have my approval.;)

I dont feel all that bad, because Mike Sweeney did the same thing to the Twins last week. I think he had nine consecutive hits or something crazy. I am curious as to how god-like he would be if he was able to stay injury free. I dont think I have seen a more dangerous hitter than Sweeney when he is healthy, there isnt any pitch he wont foul off to get to the pitch he wants to hit.

If Ozzie left Garland in there we woulda won for sure he was only like at 85 when he got pulled. AND then he wasted 1/2 our pen in 2 inn. Oh well, these hard games will come. I hope everybody checked out of the game unhurt.

Oh yeah i gotta tip my cap to Jenks. He didnt have his 100 mph heater today but was mixing his pitches well, expecially against Sweeney. Lets go get Baltimore on Friday.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
This past week has to be the worst in White Sox baseball for the whole year. We need to get it together. Ozzie should do something wacky and just put in all the bench players the next game and allow rest for our starters.

Hasn't he already been doing that?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)

There is no crying in baseball. Dont make me come back there and smack you like a b****.;)

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Stolen from SA forums:

Except the Sox aren't protesting a call in the game, they're protesting the Royals playing a player who shouldn't have been allowed in the game because he wasn't on the roster according to the lineup cards exchanged at the start of the game.

No clue who that is.

Awesome if that's true. Then maybe we'd have to replay this game... :pray

Edited by whitesoxfan13

Trade threads or not. I think that Luis Vizcaino has to go. We either dumped or sent down Shingo and Luis was not different as far as being ineffective in the clutch. It would be a plus to get another bullpen arm. A starter we don't need as bad as another quality relief pitcher. I am not just reacting to this game either. I have maintained this for quite some time.

ozzie/KW better kick some ass and get these guys heads out of thier asses....our two best pitchers? Lose to the Royals? I dont care how ok they have been playing this should have been a sweep. We played great on Mon. Only to suck on tues and weds? To a team we own? unsatisfactory Imo. We are better than this!

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
If Ozzie left Garland in there we woulda won for sure he was only like at 85 when he got pulled.  AND then he wasted 1/2 our pen in 2 inn.  Oh well, these hard games will come.  I hope everybody checked out of the game unhurt.

Oh yeah i gotta tip my cap to Jenks.  He didnt have his 100 mph heater today but was mixing his pitches well, expecially against Sweeney.  Lets go get Baltimore on Friday.

88 pitches??? :huh

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
Well at least Cleveland lost

i figured they would when they went to the 9th tied with Oakland. Those guys are just too good right now. They need their yearly august-september Yankee asswhoopin/humbling experience.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
Stolen from SA forums:

No clue who that is.

Camp, who pitched in the 13th with his stellar 10.00 ERA, was not on the scorecard but is on the active roster, which the umps said was all that mattered. Not true.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
The Sox seem to have hit a lull, but I fully expect them to snap out of it. Tad went like 0-11 today or some crazy s***. That's not gonna happen every day. Get Scotty on, Tad moving him over, and all will be well with the world again.

:cheers

No argument there. We all hate to lose a game at all or to any team especially the Royals, but losing streaks happen and are expected. The test is how we bounce back. If we start off on another 5-7-9 game winning streak we all will be singing. I still woud like to see another bullpen arm like a Billy Wagner brought on board though. Thursday is an off day and everyone gets a rest. Friday at Baltimore. I also think we are on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball so I'll be watching. I think Garcia is pitching?

I never thought i'd say this about this team this year but they really could miss the playoffs... Not only is it possible but if they continue to play like this it's likely... The fact is that Ross Gloads bad defense was the Anchor that brought this team down... Last night it was Willie Harris and Juan Uribe...

As for Willie and Ross, AAA sounds good... Uribe.... well he can be a bench player.. get a decent SS... without these three losers this is a sweep... .if these three are allowed to play in any meaningful way that not only is it likely we will miss the playoffs, but a certainty...

Like everyone else these 2 losses to KC really pisses me off but this could be a good thing. Maybe Ozzie will light a fire under their ass, maybe KW might pull off some trades because of this, 2 consecutive losses to the worse team in baseball after we owned them may change this team.

Although this doesn't change the fact that im pissed. Lets pray that Minn. loses tonight.