Monday Matinee Game Thread 8-1-05

aboz56

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
How often is it that a team starts against the same pitcher in a 4 game series in the 2nd and 4th game. That has to be in one of Jayson Starks Wild Pitches this week.

Hopefully we pick up right where we left off on Saturday.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
I'm not too worried about it.  Just trying to give his legs a rest.  He's been in a mini-SB slump of late, and we don't have many off-days in the near future.  We need to keep his legs as fresh as possible, so he can do what he does best.

Pods was seen on TV Saturday during the game having a long conversation with trainer Herm Schnieder - just speculation, but maybe he has a minor injury ?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
I would suspect he may have a bit of a tweaked hammy like earlier in the year.

This is the time to rest it as we're going to need him next week at NY and at Boston.

Pods was talking to Hermy (Schneider) in the dugout on Saturday. Hopefully, that doesn't mean anything. A little R&R doesn't hurt.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
I wonder if purjury is on Palmeiro's plate now?

I doubt it, but you knew when it happened he was coached to point and say what it was he said. I have come to one conclusion, Jose Canseco did not lie about 1 player in his book.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
I wonder if purjury is on Palmeiro's plate now?

The O's reeling already. This just might finish them off. MLB's way of insuring NY & Boston make the playoffs?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
The O's reeling already.  This just might finish them off.  MLB's way of insuring NY & Boston make the playoffs?

The O's are done. Their starting pitching is just horrible right now. They haven't gotten 5 IP out of a starter in over two weeks.