Sep 1 00:00AM - playoff bound roster

JUGGERNAUT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you definitely want to have some DL players on the list - so you can add a rookie or two if they're having a hot Sept. The Angels did this in 2002 - I forgot who was on the DL at the time, but it allowed them to bring K-Rod into the playoffs with them, even though he only came up two weeks earlier. I love the idea of Frank pulling a Kirk Gibson.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
Well, you definitely want to have some DL players on the list - so you can add a rookie or two if they're having a hot Sept.  The Angels did this in 2002 - I forgot who was on the DL at the time, but it allowed them to bring K-Rod into the playoffs with them, even though he only came up two weeks earlier.  I love the idea of Frank pulling a Kirk Gibson.

It was the old time lefty that ended up having an aneurism or something. May of even been Kent Mercker (I forget). It was also the last lefty the Angels had in the pen until this season with youngster Jake Woods.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
Well, you definitely want to have some DL players on the list - so you can add a rookie or two if they're having a hot Sept.  The Angels did this in 2002 - I forgot who was on the DL at the time, but it allowed them to bring K-Rod into the playoffs with them, even though he only came up two weeks earlier.  I love the idea of Frank pulling a Kirk Gibson.

Im glad you brought up that at bat in the world series. I think that was the most exciting moment in mlb I've ever witnessed . I watched him limp to the plate hit a homer and then limp around the bases touch home I was at a party and no one was not touched for that immediate second even those in attendance who had money on the other team.

I think Ozzie will keep the call-ups tight so he doesn't lose the focus and intensity of the guys he's going into October with.

I wouldn't expect many more call ups than guys who might make the final postseason roster.

BMac - I think he'll supplant Adkins in long relief once AAA season is done.

Willie - his speed can be a weapon in a 1-run game

Anderson - Rowand and Everett could use a few days off, and Anderson could be a sub if there is an injury.

Gload - possibly.

I don't see Diaz, Munoz, Baj, or Borchard cutting it.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
I think Ozzie will keep the call-ups tight so he doesn't lose the focus and intensity of the guys he's going into October with.

I wouldn't expect many more call ups than guys who might make the final postseason roster.

BMac - I think he'll supplant Adkins in long relief once AAA season is done.

Willie - his speed can be a weapon in a 1-run game

Anderson - Rowand and Everett could use a few days off, and Anderson could be a sub if there is an injury.

Gload - possibly.

I don't see Diaz, Munoz, Baj, or Borchard cutting it.

Why wouldnt you see Diaz, Munoz, Baj, and Borchard cutting it.... its not like there wont be plenty of room we could call all them up and more once rosters expand. The first 3 would let us rest Hermy, Politte, Cotts, and Marte for the post-season and than Borchard well I still dont think the white sox are ready to completely give up on him.

QUOTE(bigred3535 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Burke will get a call-up, I guarantee it. Probably BMac, Baj, Gload and Willie, also. You get 5, right? I don't see Anderson getting one, because Carl and Timo (blech) already play the OF occasionally.

You can call up 15 players. The rosters expand from 25 to 40, you call players up who are currently on your 40 man roster. Anderson will be up here in September.