6th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Mariners

DBAHO

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
Iguchi is clutch... please no more Rowand is clutch crap... cause thats what it is crap.

Rowand's had as many clutch hits as anyone. He had a two week span of incredibly clutch hits, with the homer off of Hoffman, and consecutive days vs the Dodgers.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(brijames @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Gooch is flat out this teams MVP.

By far, Ozzie should never sit this guy. If anything let him hit as our DH once in while to keep his legs fresh.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
So...  Timo went 0-fer again.

He's down to .223, and his OBP is creeping towards, if not already there, the .260s.

But, we don't need Ross Gload.

He's like 3 for his last 22 or 23. But we all know he's not going anywhere. I think Brian Anderson could really help this team out now.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
So...  Timo went 0-fer again.

He's down to .223, and his OBP is creeping towards, if not already there, the .260s.

But, we don't need Ross Gload.

CWS the scary thing is that if Everett goes on the DL, Borchard gets the call, not Gload. Per Chicagosports.com.

KW thinks he just may have come around. Good lord.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
Rowand's had as many clutch hits as anyone.  He had a two week span of incredibly clutch hits, with the homer off of Hoffman, and consecutive days vs the Dodgers.

couple there is the key word... give it to me all season long like the Gooch.

Haha, another ball that looked like a sure hit off of the bat. Great bounce it took to Iguchi. And about Gload/Borchard coming up...I'd rather have anyone than Timo right now. Even when Timo is swinging good, he's still below average.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
I hate it when Timo starts but there still aren't many guys I'd rather have up then him with the game on the line in the 9th.  And no I'm not joking.

As a pinch hitter, not a problem I agree with you. As a starter NO NEVER NO WAY.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
I hate it when Timo starts but there still aren't many guys I'd rather have up then him with the game on the line in the 9th.  And no I'm not joking.

Exactly! That's why he shouldn't be a starter. You can't overexpose bench players. Look how far Ozuna's average went down once he got more playing time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
Haha, another ball that looked like a sure hit off of the bat.  Great bounce it took to Iguchi.  And about Gload/Borchard coming up...I'd rather have anyone than Timo right now.  Even when Timo is swinging good, he's still below average.

Great positioning tonite???