8th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Yankees

DBAHO

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pods continues to struggle like he is, our offense is going to continue to struggle. We had a hard time putting up runs with Iguchi, AJP, and PK being on fire. We really need to get some consistent contributions from some of the guys we don't expect a lot of offense out of.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
Oddly he pulled the outside pitch with the Pauly Pull baseball shift on.  I am surprised lots of teams dont invoke the Pauly Pull Baseball Shift.

Well its Timo, Dye, Rowand against the sandman in the 9th.

YIKES

If Timo hits against Rivera i will be VERY pissed. Ozuna should lead it off. Rivera is lights out against LH's

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Game over. :(

Dye-Rowand-Timo due up.

We'll pull something together against Rivera. Even if we don't win, this team is good for one last tease.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
Jesus you guys are throwing in the towel early. This team's pulled some crazy s***. Give 'em a chance. I don't care who is pitching.

Thank you. How many times have we come back from behind this season?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
I don't mean this to be rude....but please don't tell me who I root for or not.  I might be pessimistic...but there's no one on here that cheers for the Sox any more than I do.  Yes, it's possible that a team could choke a lead like ours now.  If it happens, I will honestly be ok with it.  If you can't make the playoffs with a 13 game lead on 8/8/05.....you don't deserve to make it.

I don't give a crap who you root for, but you constantly s*** all over a team that you claim to be a "fan" of. If we were .500 and trying to claw into it, we'd be frustrated, but to be 32 games above .500 and to talk about how we suck all the time tells me that you've got a bad case of ego.

That's my opinion, and truthfully this isn't going to go anywhere, because you've already decided that you're going to win every arguement. So fine. You win.

We won't make the playoffs. We suck. Damn, we WILL go on a MAJOR losing streak, because we have no guts.

Heart goes a long way, my friend. That's all I'm trying to say. Will it win us a playoff series? It's hard to say, because it's 0-0 records then.

Anyway, enough. You get my point. I just don't understand you, that's all.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
Well with the .281 BAA, and the plus 4 Era you would think that you have a chance to hit him up a bit.

Checked his ERA at home lately? ;)

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
I don't give a crap who you root for, but you constantly s*** all over a team that you claim to be a "fan" of.  If we were .500 and trying to claw into it, we'd be frustrated, but to be 32 games above .500 and to talk about how we suck all the time tells me that you've got a bad case of ego.

That's my opinion, and truthfully this isn't going to go anywhere, because you've already decided that you're going to win every arguement.  So fine.  You win.

We won't make the playoffs.  We suck.  Damn, we WILL go on a MAJOR losing streak, because we have no guts.

Heart goes a long way, my friend.  That's all I'm trying to say.  Will it win us a playoff series?  It's hard to say, because it's 0-0 records then.

Anyway, enough.  You get my point.  I just don't understand you, that's all.

Fair enough. I honestly respect a post like this that explains what problem you have w/me. I don't think I say anything that's completely insane. If I though we were a 100 pct lock to make the playoffs, I would say so. What did I really say tonight that was so bad: That I don't want Duque on the mound in the playoffs (doubtful we'd need a 4th starter)...that the Sox haven't clinched anything (8/8/05)...and that the offense is below average (agree?).

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
Carl is awful from the left side, but he's better than Timo.  Ugh, whatever.

I'd rather have Ozuna than Timo. Unless his numbers have drastically changed, Rivera holds LH's to a lower average than RH's.

But none of this matters to Guillen anyways.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
Fair enough.  I honestly respect a post like this that explains what problem you have w/me.  I don't think I say anything that's completely insane.  If I though we were a 100 pct lock to make the playoffs, I would say so.  What did I really say tonight that was so bad:  That I don't want Duque on the mound in the playoffs (doubtful we'd need a 4th starter)...that the Sox haven't clinched anything (8/8/05)...and that the offense is below average (agree?).

Yes, I agree. That I do agree with. I guess it's the repetition.

I don't doubt you're a fan, like I said, I think it's the repetition.

Repetition.

:lol:

I'd like to see curve one into the HP umpires genitalia area, okay, that's cruel, but they've been horrible tonight (as this crew usually is. the demand for umpire jobs is obvously low for these guys to have jobs, i should apply). The team with the biggest payroll in mlb history doesn't need extra help, but they might be on that payroll as well.