Are you IN or OUT?

whitesoxin'

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
I usually stay out of this, but you know, stop, just stop, okay?

Am I drinking the kool-aid? No. I'm cheering and watching my team play a sport that always brings me joy. Do I want them to choke and lose at the end of the season? No. But I'm going to root for them and believe that they can make the playoffs and that something good will happen until they are mathmatically eliminated or lose a playoff series. It's not about kool-aid or being blind, it's about honestly loving this team and this game and not throwing in the towel when things go badly.

And for the record, if you get this upset about something that happens on a website with people you don't know, you might have a problem.

Oh, and I'm well aware that I'm a b****, so you don't need to tell me.  :)

POTM Material right there Soxy.. :cheers

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
Oh how I hate qwerty. Just don't respond to my posts when I get back if I do and I'll do the same to you.

You seem to be the only one that truly hates me. Others may not like me but you have taken it to another level. You have just got to stop making up s*** and you would not sound so stupid.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
I'm not going to lock this, but I am going to say let's just stop the sniping back and forth.

It's a baseball GAME.  Last time I checked, the Sox are still in the playoffs.

And guess what?  If they don't make it, the world will go on.  Maybe.

How are the sox in the playoffs? Last time i checked they still have a ways to go until they are in.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
I usually stay out of this, but you know, stop, just stop, okay?

Am I drinking the kool-aid? No. I'm cheering and watching my team play a sport that always brings me joy. Do I want them to choke and lose at the end of the season? No. But I'm going to root for them and believe that they can make the playoffs and that something good will happen until they are mathmatically eliminated or lose a playoff series. It's not about kool-aid or being blind, it's about honestly loving this team and this game and not throwing in the towel when things go badly.

And for the record, if you get this upset about something that happens on a website with people you don't know, you might have a problem.

Oh, and I'm well aware that I'm a b****, so you don't need to tell me.  :)

Right on, b****! Great post, I'm with you all the way. Besides, I've yet to feel the low that I felt in 1983 watching Landrum's home run clear the fence. I've got a ways to go yet. :headbang

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 05:37 PM)
Right on, b****! Great post, I'm with you all the way. Besides, I've yet to feel the low that I felt in 1983 watching Landrum's home run clear the fence. I've got a ways to go yet.  :headbang

The way I figure, I lived with Twins' fans during the collapse of '03. At least in New York no one cares about those "flyover teams" and I can grieve without being mocked constantly.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
Why even identify yourself as a White Sox fan if you're not still in?

I honestly think it makes people think that it will hurt less if they don't make the playoffs. I've seen an awful lot of textbook defense mechansims being stated by posters on this site lately. It's a sad situation where I'm considered more optimistic than most posters on this site.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
The way I figure, I lived with Twins' fans during the collapse of '03. At least in New York no one cares about those "flyover teams" and I can grieve without being mocked constantly.

and no matter how this ends you're gonna be back for more next year. Sucker! :bang

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
and no matter how this ends you're gonna be back for more next year. Sucker!  :bang

Yeah, color me masochistic have I told you my other hobbies include, stabbing myself in the eye, stubbing my toes, and watching ABC's Saturday night line-up?

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl