Are you IN or OUT?

whitesoxin'

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not even sure. Last year I said I was in and that’s because I was being very optimistic. I’ve learned now to take things more realistically. Mathematically the Indians, Twins, and Tigers can still take this division so anything can happen.

I’m a big Sox fan, but I have to admit that things like these (losing slumps) don’t effect me as much as they used to. I am used to seeing my favorite baseball team choking at the end of the season and sadly it seems like that is occurring right now.

Like soxin’ said in the beginning, there are better things in life.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
I’m not even sure. Last year I said I was in and that’s because I was being very optimistic. I’ve learned now to take things more realistically. Mathematically the Indians, Twins, and Tigers can still take this division so anything can happen.

I’m a big Sox fan, but I have to admit that things like these (losing slumps) don’t effect me as much as they used to. I am used to seeing my favorite baseball team choking at the end of the season and sadly it seems like that is occurring right now.

Like soxin’ said in the beginning, there are better things in life.

I agree this is getting a little TOO familiar. This team right now is in SERIOUS jeopardy of blowing such a huge lead it's sickening! Obviously the offense is in a serious funk, but we have to realize it's also not that good. So even when we break out of it we might be lucky to score 3-4 runs a game, which means are pitching has to be stellar down the stretch. As devastating as this sounds, i think it's very likely we may blow this lead. Now I'm still in all the way, but right now I'm not very confident we will hold it, or do ANYTHING in the playoffs if we make it...............We needed offensive help bad, and KW couldn't muster up anything but Blum. Which reminds me.........WHERE THE f*** IS GLOAD!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
We did this last year, so I thought it was time for it this year. I'm out, not because I'm a negative person, but because there are more important things in my life than stressing about a team that IMO is just going to blow it anyways, whether it be in the playoffs or the regular season. I'm not going to let them break my heart.

So, who is IN and who is OUT.

we are 7 games up. of course I'm f***ING IN!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
KW's got a week.  I hope he can work something out to get us a LH hitter.

In, as always. I've been here for this Sox organization when it was s***tastically horrid, I'm sure as hell not going anywhere this year.

The WSox have comfortable leads over both CLE & Minn.

WSox 75-47 (39+1 to play)

Indin 70-56 (36 to play)

Twins 67-58 (37 to play)

Let me put this in perspective for you. If the White Sox were to play as poorly as COL (.376) the rest of the way they would still finish with 90 wins. To catch the WSox the Indians (.555) would need to play .611 ball the rest of the way. To catch the WSox the Twins (.536) would need to play .675 ball the rest of the way. The best record in MLB is .627 & the 2nd best record in MLB is .615.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)

Indin  70-56 (36 to play)

Twins 67-58 (37 to play)

Let me put this in perspective for you.  If the White Sox were to play as poorly as COL (.376) the rest of the way they would still finish with 90 wins.  To catch the WSox the Indians (.555) would need to play .611 ball the rest of the way.  To catch the WSox the Twins (.536) would need to play .675 ball the rest of the way.  The best record in MLB is .627 & the 2nd best record in MLB is .615.

well when you look at it that way....

I do feel comfortable with this lead....I would've loved to have a 1 game lead in august back in april....but a 8 game lead....Hell yeah. I still think the Sox can finish this season with a double digit lead.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)

Indin  70-56 (36 to play)

Twins 67-58 (37 to play)

Let me put this in perspective for you.  If the White Sox were to play as poorly as COL (.376) the rest of the way they would still finish with 90 wins.  To catch the WSox the Indians (.555) would need to play .611 ball the rest of the way.  To catch the WSox the Twins (.536) would need to play .675 ball the rest of the way.  The best record in MLB is .627 & the 2nd best record in MLB is .615.

That is all real nice. But there was a period of time that we were playing at a .750 clip from the start of the year. I'd guess that it was still at .700 at the 40 game mark. Who's to say CLE or MIN can't do that as well?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
That is all real nice.  But there was a period of time that we were playing at a .750 clip from the start of the year.  I'd guess that it was still at .700 at the 40 game mark. Who's to say CLE or MIN can't do that as well?

I'll say it!!

WSox 77-47 (37+1 to play) Post-AS: 20-18

Indns 71-57 (34 to play) Post-AS: 24-16

Twins 67-60 (35 to play) Post-AS: 19-22

WSox since Thomas' last RBI or R: 15-18

Projected finish:

WSox 94-67

Indns 92-70

Twins 87-75 (I'm being nice)

:blink: Those games against CLE loom very large.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
WSox 77-47 (37+1 to play)  Post-AS: 20-18

Indns 71-57 (34 to play)      Post-AS: 24-16

Twins 67-60 (35 to play)      Post-AS: 19-22

WSox since Thomas' last RBI or R: 15-18

Projected finish:

WSox 93-68 

Indns 93-69

Twins 87-75  (I'm being nice)

:blink: Those games against CLE loom very large.

Yay, we win the division by half a game, which is impossible. :headbang

Yay, we win the division by half a game, which is impossible. :headbang

They would make them play that game vs BOS. But it's not that close.

I was being too generous to CLE.

WSox 77-47 (37+1 to play) Post-AS: 20-18

Indns 71-57 (34 to play) Post-AS: 24-16 (.600)

Twins 67-60 (35 to play) Post-AS: 19-22

WSox since Thomas' last RBI or R: 15-18 (.455)

Projected finish:

WSox 94-67

Indns 92-70

Twins 87-75 (I'm being nice)

:o Those games against CLE loom very large.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

The player's were smart to vote to waive playing that makeup game @BOS on Labor Day.

Hypothetical

WSox 94-67 vs Cle 94-68. WSox own H2H 10-3.

IF WC < WSox then WSox win div & forfeit the BOS game unless it has bearing on home field adv in the AL playoffs.

If WC > WSox then WSox forfeit BOS game & have 1 gm playoff vs Cle.

** It would make no sense to play @BOS when you can host Cle. If you lose @BOS then you still have to host Cle.

They currenty own the H2H tie-breaker vs CLE & the best rec in the AL.

So right now wrt to WSox the gm @BOS is meaningless.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

:rolly

Can someone link the article stating the "vote" was bulls***...? TIA.

In the mean time...

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=bos

"KANSAS CITY -- The Red Sox face a 30-game test of endurance after Commissioner Bud Selig ruled that the rained-out game of Aug. 14 between Boston and the White Sox will be made up on Sept. 5 at Fenway Park"

This is too much fun to stop now :D

WSox 79-47 (36 to play) Post-AS: 22-18

Indns 72-58 (32 to play) Post-AS: 25-17 (.595)

Twins 68-61 (33 to play) Post-AS: 20-23

WSox since Thomas' last RBI or R: 17-18 (.486)

Projected finish:

WSox 96-66

Indns 91-71

Twins 85-77

Elimination countdown:

KCR 42-85 : dead

DET 62-65 : death MN is 18 (3-8 rec vs WSox)

MIN 68-61 : death MN is 22 (5-6 rec vs WSox)

CLE 72-58 : death MN is 25 (3-10 rec vs WSox)

ESPN has it scheduled: Mon. 5 at Boston 12:05 PM CSN

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view...articleid=99742

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,1316491.story

It was rumored that both teams voted to waive playing the game on their one shared off-day. They opted to wait until after the regular season to see if the game needed to be played. But Selig excercised his authority & insisted the game be played on the off-day to avoid the risk of having to push back the start of the ALDS.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT