Game Thread 8/24, Twinkies Game 2

Texsox

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid stat of the day:

I'm listening to the Score and the Stats Incorporated guy just said that no player in baseball history has has at least 12 HRs in one season and zero the next (min 300 ABs). Pods could be the first.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
The pessimists are unusually quiet so far...    :P

I have no idea what is going on except for the comments here. I vowed last Saturday that I wouldn't watch/listen until we won 3 straight.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:20 AM)
The pessimists are unusually quiet so far...    :P

Well, if we were complaining about the Sox going out to a 2-0 early lead, it would show that we're not really Sox fans. You want a complaint, fine: Dye and Rowand continue to suck, and Timo is a disgraceful leadoff man. Is that better?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
Well, if we were complaining about the Sox going out to a 2-0 early lead, it would show that we're not really Sox fans.  You want a complaint, fine:  Dye and Rowand continue to suck, and Timo is a disgraceful leadoff man.  Is that better?

Nope, not pessimistic enough.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
Well, if we were complaining about the Sox going out to a 2-0 early lead, it would show that we're not really Sox fans.  You want a complaint, fine:  Dye and Rowand continue to suck, and Timo is a disgraceful leadoff man.  Is that better?

I meant it's alright to be happy when we score.

You're also allowed to point out the good things, not just the negative ones.

Really, you can...

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)

Im more worried about Rowand than Dye. We knew Dye was a streaky hitter. REAL hot and REAL cold. I'd prefer Dye be REAL hot in September. Rowand on the other hand. Just real worried about him.