Matt Smith outrighted to Charlotte...

GoSoxGo

According to Brian Dolgin on the Sox post-game show, minor league pitcher Matt Smith was outrighted to Charlotte so the 40-man roster now sits at only 39. Could this mean a move for a bat is coming?

Also, Hawk changed his stance on Griffey tonight. He was pretty much saying that he wouldn't mind adding a bat like his. Could Hawk be acting as Reinsdorf's mouthpiece once again? :pray

UPDATE: Confirmed by the Chicago Tribune...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

The Sox opened a spot on their 40-man roster by outrighting Charlotte pitcher Matt Smith.  Smith was 1-6 with a 3.86 ERA with three saves in 58 games.

P.S. - Sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong forum. I just figured that this could be pretty big news and the move could be related moreso to the White Sox than to the Charlotte Knights.

Edited by GoSoxGo

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Also, Hawk changed his stance on Griffey tonight.  He was pretty much saying that he wouldn't mind adding a bat like his.  Could Hawk be acting as Reinsdorf's mouthpiece once again? :pray

I was thinking the exact same thing when I heard Hawk talking about Griffey tonight. Maybe he was just reacting to the responses he has been getting for all his "Where would he play?" comments.

Is Frank on the 60 day DL?  Because I count 41 right now including Matt Smith.

Frank has not been placed on the DL and WhiteSox.com's 40-man roster page doesn't reflect the Matt Smith move. Like I said, Dolgin just reported the move on the Sox post-game show. I assume that WhiteSox.com just hasn't been updated yet.

EDIT: By the way, WhiteSox.com's 40-man roster page is incorrect anyways. I don't think Kevin Walker is on the 40-man roster either. I believe he was outrighted to Charlotte as well.

Edited by GoSoxGo

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Don't get worked up, fellas.  Word on the street is that KW took Smith off of the 40-man roster so he could make room for a trade.  Unfortunately, he found out that Geoff Blum was already on the Sox, so it was pointless.

Joke of the week. :rolly