Matt Smith outrighted to Charlotte...

GoSoxGo

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.  I thought he wouldn't be, since he wasn't subject to the Rule 5 draft yet.  Plus, the Sox "purchased the contract of OF Brian Anderson" on Aug 15 -- I thought you only purchased someone's contract once, when you added him to the 40 man for the first time.  If not, what does that mean?

But the whole point is -- how could the 40-man roster ever be at 41 players? Wouldn't that be against the rules?

Oh boy! Thanks Levine, we need some Cubs news! E-ramis Ramirez has a moderate to severe leg sprain and will miss a good amount of time. And now Levine is talking about how he's an unbiased reporter and likes both teams. Give me a break, Bruce.

Edited by GoSoxGo

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
But the whole point is -- how could the 40-man roster ever be at 41 players?  Wouldn't that be against the rules?

Oh boy!  Thanks Levine, we need some Cubs news!  E-ramis Ramirez has a moderate to severe leg sprain and will miss a good amount of time.  And now Levine is talking about how he's an unbiased reporter and likes both teams.  Give me a break, Bruce.

Oh Cubboy........ Bruce he is such a Cub suckass fulltime.

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 04:08 AM)
But the whole point is -- how could the 40-man roster ever be at 41 players?  Wouldn't that be against the rules?

Oh, I know. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just confused. Fact is, the Sox 40 man as listed on the website does have 41 players on it. I'm just trying to figure that out.

Oh, I know.  I'm not arguing with you, I'm just confused.  Fact is, the Sox 40 man as listed on the website does have 41 players on it.  I'm just trying to figure that out.

Because WhiteSox.com is wrong or hasn't been updated yet. ;)

Was Wing a waiver pick-up?  If so, he has to be on the 40-man, correct?

Yes and yes.

Edited by GoSoxGo

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 04:14 AM)
Because WhiteSox.com is wrong or hasn't been updated yet. ;)

That could be, it just seems like a strange oversight. As for updating, I thought Anderson was added when his contract was purchased, on the 15th of this month. Walker was outrighted, by some accounts, on the 13th of July. So it can't be that, unless Anderson has been on the 40 all year.

Yeah, so, I'm totally befuddled and I'll just shut up and wait for resolution, thank you all for entertaining my neuroses. :)

That could be, it just seems like a strange oversight.  As for updating, I thought Anderson was added when his contract was purchased, on the 15th of this month.  Walker was outrighted, by some accounts, on the 13th of July.  So it can't be that, unless Anderson has been on the 40 all year.

Yeah, so, I'm totally befuddled and I'll just shut up and wait for resolution, thank you all for entertaining my neuroses.  :)

Well, I just figure that the roster had to be at 40 players at the most, right? So if you take away Matt Smith, you are left with 39 players.

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
You can call Dolgin and ask yourself at (312) 322-3776. ;)

I'm thinking of calling and point out that our Starters ERA until Aug 1 was 3.83, since it is at 3.52. So, I don't think the slump occured because of bad pitching.

I'm thinking of calling and point out that our Starters ERA until Aug 1 was 3.83, since it is at 3.52.  So, I don't think the slump occured because of bad pitching.

All these guys do is make mistakes. Dolgin is a tool and Levine bumbles and stutters through every sentence he tries to complete. Ozzie is probably a better public speaker than these two gimps.

Edited by GoSoxGo

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
I'm thinking of calling and point out that our Starters ERA until Aug 1 was 3.83, since it is at 3.52.  So, I don't think the slump occured because of bad pitching.

No, Hawk said the pitching wasn't as good during the slump, and we all believe everything Hawk says. right?