Mplssoxfan

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
Blum for everyday 3B? I know he isn't the long term answer, but he could probably play just as well as Crede now.

Interesting prospect.

Blum has been hitting a bit lately. Is a switch hitter. And the glove is pretty good.

Couple of quick thoughts from someone who only saw the 9th inning on TV:

- our star pitchers really stepped up this week. Kudos to them.

- Why in the world was Ozzie going to leave Crede in the game to bunt in the 10th with Iguchi and Ozuna on the bench?

- That was a terrible call by the umpire....but PK has got to catch that ball.

- Great game for Jenks to get the confidence he can close. With every passing game, Hermanson seems less and less confidence in his stuff. His slider is hanging high in the zone so often.

- What did Cotts do to piss off Ozzie? He should be given more chances than Marte. Cotts is the best reliever in baseball the last few months.

GREAT f***ING JOB WINNING THIS SERIES!

Couple of quick thoughts from someone who only saw the 9th inning on TV:

- our star pitchers really stepped up this week.  Kudos to them.

- Why in the world was Ozzie going to leave Crede in the game to bunt in the 10th with Iguchi and Ozuna on the bench?

- That was a terrible call by the umpire....but PK has got to catch that ball.

- Great game for Jenks to get the confidence he can close.  With every passing game, Hermanson seems less and less confidence in his stuff.  His slider is hanging high in the zone so often. 

- What did Cotts do to piss off Ozzie?  He should be given more chances than Marte.  Cotts is the best reliever in baseball the last few months.

GREAT f***ING JOB WINNING THIS SERIES!

That made absolutely no sense and confused me as well. I can understand wanting Crede's defense at 3rd base in the bottom of the 10th but Joe CANNOT lay down a bunt. He either bunts into double plays or pops them up for an out. Ozzie could have pinch-hit Iguchi OR Ozuna to lay down the bunt and then move Blum to 3rd base with Iguchi or Ozuna playing 2nd base. I can understand Ozzie wanting to pinch-hit Iguchi later that inning to actually knock in the runs but he should have at least pinch-hit Ozuna for Crede right away to get the bunt down. Ozuna can bunt, Crede can't.

Edited by GoSoxGo