The most hated sox player ever

bighurt2719

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
I forgot a few players to go under group one. Danny Wright and Billy Blotch both come to mind. With his performance this year, Shingo probably qualifies, as do Adkins and Walker. As for Jose Paniagua, I dont get why his name comes up so much. He got one out for us and gave up for runs. It stunk but it didnt hurt us long term (Navarro damaged us for years). I guess that would disqualify Walker, but for him its obvious hes not a major leaguer. Paniagua was never given a second shot, and though that doesnt bother me any, one bad outting and then being abandoned doesnt get you on my list. If youre just looking for guys like that, what about Ken Hill? He went three innings and gave up eight runs in 2000. Wheres his mention? Besides, there are a million pitchers who just never panned out, especially for us. Arnie Munoz, Kip Wells, Jim Parque, Lorenzo Barcelo and so on. Theres no point listing all of them, which is why I try to pick out the especially bad ones who hurt us time after time. Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

Any sox fan can tell you , Though we won the game against the twins that day, I had a sick feeling in my stomach. It was four runs, we won the game. But, my sox fan instincts tell me it was a lot worse than four runs. After that, 2003 went to hell. Jose Paniagua is the poster boy of the 2003 Collapse IMO.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
I'm suprised it took 13 posts for his name to be mentioned.

Like I've said a thousand times, I'll never understand the hatred for him. He produced for a s*** team in '98 and never amounted to anything after that. You can say more for him than you could for a s*** load of other Sox prospects (even though he wasn't home grown). What about Jason Dellaero, we drafted his ass in the first round and never did s***. Dellaero played 11 career games and hit .091, maybe people should redirect their Caruso hatred toward players that never did anything, instead of one that played his ass off and contributed.

dude, what are you, related to mike caruso?

Any sox fan can tell you , Though we won the game against the twins that day,  I had a sick feeling in my stomach. It was four runs, we won the game. But, my sox fan instincts tell me it was a lot worse than four runs. After that, 2003 went to hell. Jose Paniagua is the poster boy of the 2003 Collapse IMO.

Wait a sec. Was that Paniagua in that game where we beat the Twins 8-6? The game where we were up 8-2 and killed the rally just in time? If so, I hate him too. We lost ten of the next fifteen and our season went down the drain. f*** Paniagua.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
Wait a sec. Was that Paniagua in that game where we beat the Twins 8-6? The game where we were up 8-2 and killed the rally just in time? If so, I hate him too. We lost ten of the next fifteen and our season went down the drain. f*** Paniagua.

That's the guy

Even though he was a nice guy, I really disliked Sandy Alomar on the Sox. This team didn't win anything with him as the catcher, and he just seemed like he aged about 5 years every season he was here. Danny Wright was just painful to watch, and Mike Jackson and Paniagua were disgraceful. Navarro has to be the king of Sox hatred though, especially considering his salary.

I think its kinda wrong to say Danny Wright was a hated guy in the Sox history. The kid gave everything he had out there when on the mound, things just didn't work out for him. And then his arm went to s***, it was a bad thing to see happen to anyone.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:47 AM)
I think its kinda wrong to say Danny Wright was a hated guy in the Sox history. The kid gave everything he had out there when on the mound, things just didn't work out for him. And then his arm went to s***, it was a bad thing to see happen to anyone.

I think a lot of people are referring to most hated performer, and not person. Injury or not, it was still very rough having to watch Wright pitch. Doesn't mean he was a bad guy though.

Bill Simas and Bobby Howry were to me, at times in their Sox career, just absolutely brutal to watch out there. And since I was a main supporter of our last closer here before Shingo, I won't mention his name, I can't honestly attack his pisspoor job on the mound...

Ok, story time! I dont know what Dybzinski did (too young) and I cant find the story, so now I need to know. As for Buckner, it was ridiculous to hate him. Buckner was a solid player who made a huge mistake in game six of the WS. For instance, last night Tad had a horrible game. If that was game 7 of the WS, he would have been blamed and hated for years to come. Would it have been fair? No. And its the same way with Buckner. Dybzinski however was a lousy player who apparently made a bigtime blunder, so thats more understandable.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
Ok, story time! I dont know what Dybzinski did (too young) and I cant find the story, so now I need to know. As for Buckner, it was ridiculous to hate him. Buckner was a solid player who made a huge mistake in game six of the WS. For instance, last night Tad had a horrible game. If that was game 7 of the WS, he would have been blamed and hated for years to come. Would it have been fair? No. And its the same way with Buckner. Dybzinski however was a lousy player who apparently made a bigtime blunder, so thats more understandable.

Dybber was a backup infielder (about equal to Greg Norton in modern stadards), that over ran the base in the 83 ALCS. Many argue that in cost us the series.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
How quickly we forget Jose Paniagua!

I didn't forget that F**kin' loser.Boy his behavor that night at the Cell in Sept. '03,was like the "Jump The Shark" moment for the Sox,as the damn Twinkies took the last three games in that four game span.If Jose "Panties"-agua if shows up on the south side again,he better wear a paper bag over his head.

Jamie Navarro is a very close second.Wasn't that great when he was with the Cubs,why the hell they thought he was gonna be good with the Sox?I mean,I had the unpleastness to sit through a 1st inning at then-New Comiksey against the Indians,and Navarro gives up like 6 or 7 runs in the FIRST INNING!Shades of Melido Perez in 1990.(Sometimes)

Edited by WSNS-TV44