Sox added a bat at the deadline.............

the People's Champ

And his name is Juan Uribe.

Lets give it up for Juan, I've been waiting for him to swing the bat like that all year.

3-4 with two doubles and 2 RBI's today. 2-3 yesterday, hopefully he can catch fire all the way through October.

Lets not forget about the game A.J. had either, 3-3 with 2 doubles a dinger and 3 RBI. Fantastic game by both of these guys.

With performances like these it wont take long to forget about that guy we all wanted from Cincy, what was his name again????

To Juan and A.J. :cheers

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

The real headline should be:

White Sox add a front-of-the-rotation starting pitcher!

Jose F'ing Contreras. Wow. If he can keep this up and keep doing whatever it is he figured out (i.e. confidence, location, etc.) the Sox are a much, much, much stronger team down the strech and into the playoffs.

I just can't stress enough how big this could be for the ballclub.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 08:36 AM)

Jose F'ing Contreras.  Wow.  If he can keep this up and keep doing whatever it is he figured out (i.e. confidence, location, etc.) the Sox are a much, much, much stronger team down the strech and into the playoffs. 

It is very simple...keep our lineup as is, and let the players develope familiarity in their location in the lineup. Let the bench players pinch hit, and keep PK, Juan and AJ going opp field.

:booty

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)

Jose F'ing Contreras.  Wow.  If he can keep this up and keep doing whatever it is he figured out (i.e. confidence, location, etc.) the Sox are a much, much, much stronger team down the strech and into the playoffs. 

He just needs to be taken out of the game before he gives up his HR or two a game.

I think the big difference in Contreras now and earlier this year is his control. He hasnt been walking anyone for the past few games, and control can do alot for you :P

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
And his name is Juan Uribe. 

Lets give it up for Juan, I've been waiting for him to swing the bat like that all year.

3-4 with two doubles and 2 RBI's today.  2-3 yesterday, hopefully he can catch fire all the way through October.

Lets not forget about the game  A.J. had either,  3-3 with 2 doubles a dinger and 3 RBI.  Fantastic game by both of these guys.

With performances like these it wont take long to forget about that guy we all wanted from Cincy,  what was his name again????

To Juan and A.J.  :cheers

:notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy

Bout Time Hurricane Juan started to hit