Shingo

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Shingo has been called up by the Mets and as pitched 2.1 scoreless innings so far, although he has been credited with a blown save, in the 7th inning.  ANyway Good Luck to Shingo, he never made excuses, only blamed himself, a ture professional!!!

and i saw the replay of that ball and Floyd should've caught it. It was right to him.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
He would of allowed 6?  And Jenks didnt give up any runs really you can blame them all on Iguchi.

Ridiculous sarcastic comments don't need to be in green. I don't even think Shingo's wife would rather have him on the Sox than Jenks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
I'm still pissed we got rid of Shingo for Jenks.  No way Shingo would have allowed 3 runs at Boston yesterday.

Um, ok?

You have to give Jenks his chances. He has an electric arm, and a nasty curve to go with it. I'd much rather see him in a 5-0 game and a chance to learn from his mistakes against the best hitting team in MLB - AND still come out with a W then have Shingo go in there and give up the same amount of runs and not be here next year.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Um, ok?

You have to give Jenks his chances.  He has an electric arm, and a nasty curve to go with it.  I'd much rather see him in  a 5-0 game and a chance to learn from his mistakes against the best hitting team in MLB - AND still come out with a W then have Shingo go in there and give up the same amount of runs and not be here next year.

He was being sarcastic Kap. ADMIN CAN'T EVEN READ. :P

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
I'm still pissed we got rid of Shingo for Jenks.  No way Shingo would have allowed 3 runs at Boston yesterday.

So you would rather the 36 year old closer who had an ERA nearing 6.00 than the 24 year old fireballer who has an ERA of 2.22 in just about as many innings as Shingo had.

I mean, if thats what you think, ok. But I, for one, would definetly rather Jenks anyday.

Edited by Felix

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)

n.

A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

One trip through the NL and thanks for playing in the US, hope you had a nice time. We have a couple million parting gifts for you to take back home.

His smile after his first save is a Sox highlight I will not forget. I'm glad he had a season with us as strong as that.

I'm waiting to see who will carry on the E-Lo - Zero tradition of one season wonders.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
sar·casm    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (särkzm)

n.

A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

Um, ok?

I would rather eat some chalk then say I didn't catch that. Maybe being so old has made me lose my touch of reality, and if someone younger read that, and got the soxtalk experience out of the way, it would be more worth it.

:lolhitting

(Read my original post in this thread, and this makes more sense)

I think what did Shingo in if I'm not mistaken was that series in Cleveland. I remember Don Cooper just sitting there shaking his head in the dugout as Shingo put guys on base.

I was a huge Shingo fan; I was sorry to see him go but he wasn't getting it done. Hermie's great, but a question mark with that back lately. Bobby Jenks, IMO, rules.

I think we made out okay on this one.