White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
What a joke.  Way to be prepared tonight Garcia.

Before he even threw a pitch, I wrote "somebody needs to tell Freddy this is the Yankees" on another board.

There's no excuse for not caring at this point of the season. And yes, that's what it is. Freddy thinks he can just throw his uniform out there and the Royals will lay down in front of him. It's disgusting.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
THat ball Sweeney hit out wasn't a hanger btw. He was down in the zone. He golfed it out.

Haha! It doesn't have to be up in the zone to be a hanger. That curve had very little bite on it, and Sweeney had a great pitch to hit. Even Sox apologist Hawk said Sweeney had 4 great pitches to hit.

Thank goodness that inning is over.

Seriously, Freddy needs to have someone sit down with him and figure out how to get him warmed up better before games.

1/3 of the home runs he's given up this year have been in the 1st inning. People are hitting .331 against Freddy in the first inning.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
Before he even threw a pitch, I wrote "somebody needs to tell Freddy this is the Yankees" on another board.

There's no excuse for not caring at this point of the season. And yes, that's what it is. Freddy thinks he can just throw his uniform out there and the Royals will lay down in front of him. It's disgusting.

How do you know freddy doesn't care anymore?

The JP Howell fawning has begun.

Does it matter that his K/9 sucks? Nope.

Does it matter that his K/BB ratio is atrocious? Nope.

Does it matter that his ERA is awful? Nope.

Hawk and DJ think that he can pound the zone with spectacular pitches, and dog gone'it, they're right!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)

I don't believe in the notion that Garcia only pitches good games against good teams. Garcia flatout stinks right now. As a matter of fact, I don't have any trust in any of our starting pitchers right now. I don't know the reason, but it seems like our starting pitchers have run against a wall or something! And that's not one or two. It's all of them!

Against > a 6-ERA pitcher, and we can't even win the game. How the hell are we going to win against MUCH BETTER teams???

I'm sick and tired of Freddy's I don't give a damn attitude. He's the Carlos Lee of pitching. 3 runs for KC in 2 outings in a row for him? That's pathetic. And this time they have the 2 runs after one inning. And some people say Freddy should be our opening pitcher in the playoffs? He can't even beat the god damn Royals! Uribe at the plate, I bet he can pitch better than Garcia right now.