Official Game Thread, Sox vs. Royals, 9/15/05

Balta1701

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
I notice that the Indians are what, 8-2?  Who gives a s*** about Boston right now.  We also had a 7 game winning streak, and have since lost 6 out of 7.

I just mentioned Boston because of their situation in their division as well.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
Did they drop 2 out of 3 from the royals in late September.

Do wins against the Royals still count the same as wins against the Yankees in the standings? Look, I'm as seriously pissed about this team right now as anyone, but until we dont have a division lead, not much I can let out about. Things suck right now, but we all knew this team wasn't as good as the record indicated before, at least it shoulda been obvious.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
Do wins against the Royals still count the same as wins against the Yankees in the standings? Look, I'm as seriously pissed about this team right now as anyone, but until we dont have a division lead, not much I can let out about. Things suck right now, but we all knew this team wasn't as good as the record indicated before, at least it shoulda been obvious.

perfectly said.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
And nothing would make ME more happy than to see their facial expressions when we ARE in the playoff comes October!!! 

Have faith!

But that's just it. When we thought we had a chance of actually making some noise in the playoffs just a short time ago, the current prospect of limping in only to quietly go three-and-done in the first round seems really underwhelming.

It is becoming a frightful thing with no end in sight. I remember the old joke:

I was tired of all this negative thinking and vowed to be positive, but then I thought, "What the heck could what that do?"

The players need to get their heads straight and play like winners. I know the season hasn't been a fluke up to this point. If we have a 4 game lead or a 50 game lead we are still in the lead.