Rush hour traffic!?!

ceffa2000

We got a few ideas in mind. Hopefully there is a way to improve the mysql capabilities of the board and just get it to limit the uses.

Were going to try and close down the search functions and other high output functions during game threads. Also next day without a game were gonna shut the site down for a few and do a board upgrade (who knows, maybe it will somehow help).

The server holds up...its just the mysql that this board uses is totally ridiculous. MYSQL blows.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
We got a few ideas in mind. Hopefully there is a way to improve the mysql capabilities of the board and just get it to limit the uses.

Were going to try and close down the search functions and other high output functions during game threads.  Also next day without a game were gonna shut the site down for a few and do a board upgrade (who knows, maybe it will somehow help).

The server holds up...its just the mysql that this board uses is totally ridiculous.  MYSQL blows.

Not a tech guy but I'm assuming that MYSPL is the language? I'm sure you guys will work things out. Just let us know if you need any help.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)

Were going to try and close down the search functions and other high output functions during game threads.  Also next day without a game were gonna shut the site down for a few and do a board upgrade (who knows, maybe it will somehow help).

The server holds up...its just the mysql that this board uses is totally ridiculous.  MYSQL blows.

I suggested that yesterday... :)

I am just so fish flopping excited.

Should add...when the board is down the chat is still working. The server is up during thos times...the mysql just hangs up and sucks. It really isn't the server....hate saying it, but I know invision boards are capable of handling more people than this...its just a matter of getting the database squared away and preventing the mysql hangups.

I'm no expert at this stuff though...afterall I did gage the board on more than one ocassion.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
Chat was working. Maybe we need to see how well that will take the hit.  :gosox4:

The chat never once hiccuped. Even during all the outages soxtalk endured it kept running as smooth as ever before. The chat feature is a great one.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
Disable searches by non-registered users. That's gotta be a setting somewhere that you can just turn on.

I have found guests in some of the strangest threads at about 1-6 in the morning. I am talking threads that are two years old.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
I have found guests in some of the strangest threads at about 1-6 in the morning. I am talking threads that are two years old.

Well you know the people who are up searching at threads at 1-6 in the morning, Drunks, the Unemployed, you get the idea. :bang

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:20 AM)

You're telling me you've never been on some strange message board at 3:15 in the morning that you don't belong to searching through some of the old threads that have long been forgotten by the regulars? Bull s***.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
You're telling me you've never been on some strange message board at 3:15 in the morning that you don't belong to searching through some of the old threads that have long been forgotten by the regulars? Bull s***.

I do not go on many ''strange'' message boards. Only message boards i make searches on are the ones i have an account to. I do not see the purpose of searching old threads from a site i am not apart of.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
The server is huge. The problem is when people search for things during games that sloooooooows us down so much, At least that is partially what jason has told me before.

I'm not sure how all of this works, but why does it seem like when I'm in a game thread everyone else is instant messaging posts, but I have to keep hitting the view new posts button or going to the page before then back to seenew posts? Am I doing something wrong, or is that how the gamethread works for everyone?

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
I'm not sure how all of this works, but why does it seem like when I'm in a game thread everyone else is instant messaging posts, but I have to keep hitting the view new posts button or going to the page before then back to seenew posts?  Am I doing something wrong, or is that how the gamethread works for everyone?

Just click refresh and voila.

:huh