Boston @ Chicago - ALDS Game 2

Heads22

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im worried, but then i was worried today too. pretty much always worried - but i think that if we play us some ozzie ball, at least to start, we will be successful. i think making wells work hard will be KEY.

GO SOX, RIP BOSTON AGAIN!!!!

:headbang

I'm worried about Buerhle, but not about Wells.

We scored a ton today and usually that means no pop in the bats tomorrow, but I think the Sox have the gods of April back on their side.

My prediction: Sox 6

Beaners 5

I have no worries because the only real fear is geting swept at home to start a 5 gamer and that didn't happen. I think our guys will play extremely loose tomorrow. In addition, our bullpen guys like Jenks, Hermanson, and even Hernandez are all available for whatever they are asked for tomorrow with the day off to follow. Ozzie can really grab a hold of the game if Marky can go 6-7 and then mix and match Cliff-Cotts-Marte-Jenks-Hermy for the last 6-9 outs. I think we are in good shape heading into tomorrow. Clearly, the White Sox are not intimidated so now we just have to play baseball. No room for Nervousness around here! Let's let the ballclubs attitude be mirrored here.

Two other notes. While Buehrle struggled at tad against Boston this year his career numbers against Boston are solid with an era in the 3's. He did a good job of minimizing damage last time against them too. Also, Boomer Wells career numbers against the Sox are uninspiring as are his numebrs at the Cell so there is another thing to be encouraged by

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
This is the one game that scares me...a lot.

I am afraid Wells might just completely shut us down and Buehrle does what he usually does vs. Boston.

PROVE ME WRONG SOX :headbang

yeah, i'm scared s***less of Wells. This guy is a big game pitcher, and he is going to be ready for tomorrow, Mark will have to pitch his ass off.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
yeah, i'm scared s***less of Wells.  This guy is a big game pitcher, and he is going to be ready for tomorrow, Mark will have to pitch his ass off.

The only thing to be afraid of with Wells is that the Sox dont crack up laughing when he rolls his tubby ass out there on the mound dropping donuts and pork chops in his wake.

RIP EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 03:42 AM)
The only thing to be afraid of with Wells is that the Sox dont crack up laughing when he rolls his tubby ass out there on the mound dropping donuts and pork chops in his wake. 

RIP EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAH...pork chops in his wake. I can't breathe ahah

:lol:

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 04:06 AM)
i honestly think if we bunt the s*** out of him early it'll tire him out and f*** with his head.  i'd love to see that even tho i know it wont actually happen that way

With Oz you never know. It will be an interesting game tomorrow.

i honestly think if we bunt the s*** out of him early it'll tire him out and f*** with his head.  i'd love to see that even tho i know it wont actually happen that way

Agreed, it would be a good strategy in my opinion. Lay down some bunts down the 3rd base line and make Wells run. Wells has bad knees and has had numerous cortisone injections this season. Worst case scenario, he actually fields them but gets tired out. Best case scenario, he doesn't field them, we get some cheap infield singles, and Wells still gets tired out. I just hope our hitters remember that Wells makes his living on the corners of the plate. Once he gets behind in the count, he just throws BP over the heart of the plate.

JUST FOCKING DO IT.....NO FOCKING EXCUSES......

KILL THESE BASTAGES FROM BOSTON

RAPE THESE BASTAGES FROM BOSTON

PILLAGE THESE BASTAGES FROM BOSTON

FRY THESE BASTAGES FROM BOSTON

BURN THESE BASTAGES FROM BOSTON

SODOMIZE THESE BASTAGES FROM BOSTON

ANNIHILATE THESE BASTAGES FROM BOSTON

POUND THESE BASTAGES FROM BOSTON

RIP THESE BASTAGES FROM BOSTON

FOCK THESE BASTAGES FROM BOSTON

JUST FOCKING DO IT.....NO FOCKING EXCUSES.....

THIS IS OUR YEAR

:gosox1: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :gosox2:

Edited by sox-r-us

this win was bigger for us than a loss for them was...

but a win for us tomorrow, is equal in importance. If we win tomorrow...them having to beat garland and count and freddy..s***...thats tough...

but f***, PLEASE win tomorrow...SPOIL ME with home playoff wins!!