Crowd Today

SnB

The ovation during the intros.

The huge noise made for big frank.

The excitment during the intro video/thunderstruck.

Hanging on every pitch in the 1st inning w/ renteria on 2nd.

Standing up with 2 strikes on ortiz.

The silence during the confrontation of clement/pods on the basepaths in the 1st.

The mosh pit it became soon after.

The best experience i've ever had at a sox game: the loudest and clearest singing of NA NA NA NA for matt clement's exit today.

The 4 different curtain calls, all deserving.

I was so proud of sox fans today and it made for the best sox game i've ever been to.

Pics are here

http://community.webshots.com/album/468915527WVGADI

:headbang

:cheers to sox fans

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
Good stuff Steve and looks like you guys had some solid seats (nice pictures from the game too).

You guys are going back tomorrow right?  Hopefully you bring the same kind of luck back to the park tomorrow :cheers :headbang

snb's being a baby about school so he can't go. :P I, however am wearing the same exact thing that I wore today to the game for superstitious reasons(including my aj jersey) but I can't find one of my socks that I wore today. :(

i'm in missouri, i watched it with the kids from myriad states, and when i saw our stadium full, i just said damn thats pretty...and our crowd was fukkin nuts, and not in the sissy anaheim way, in the hardcore southside way.

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)

The silence during the confrontation of clement/pods on the basepaths in the 1st.

The best experience i've ever had at a sox game: the loudest and clearest singing of NA NA NA NA for matt clement's exit today.

I was so proud of sox fans today and it made for the best sox game i've ever been to.

Pics are here

I was there too and will be wearing the same thing I did today and have worn the last 4 games....all White Sox winners!!! That was the best sports atmosphere I have been involved with. The energy definitely helped the club today and who says we can't play in front of big crowds? They have so much confidence and are not playing like a typical Chicago baseball team in the playoffs. Which is good... :D Keep it up boys!!!!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
Good stuff Steve and looks like you guys had some solid seats (nice pictures from the game too).

You guys are going back tomorrow right?  Hopefully you bring the same kind of luck back to the park tomorrow :cheers :headbang

Steve has a test at 7 that they wouldn't let him take the conflict for. Lame as hell. I'm heading back up tomorrow between 1-2pm.

Yeah, our seats were real solid today, great view of the whole place.

Also, i temporarily lost my sunglasses during the mosh pit after A.J's homer.

What an electric atmosphere.

That's awesome the crowd was so into it.

We really need to win Game Two. If we go to Boston 1-1 they could wrap it up there.

Our boys need to gut out a win vs. Wells.

Let's hope Mark B. is on.

Jose set the table today; keep it going, White Sox and those loud fans!

I was there with my dad too, we were in the UD and had a blast. My dad is 55 and this the first time hes been to a basball postseason game since he was 8. He said he forgot how awsome the playoffs are. The place was rocken all over, the never ending chants, the fans confidence in the awsome Jose. It was great. Watching the game it looked the sox were the big game players. They seemed calm, patient, and confident out there with the crowd on their feet for nearly every pitch, the red sox did not. Today absolutly rocked, and it was the start of a new year for all my jewish bretheren!

I was at work and we had the game on the TV. When Francona yanked Clement, I leaned over to the guy next to me, and he made a remark about the crowd going nuts.

I told him, no, no, no, wait, they're gonna serenade him now.

Sox fans sure didn't let me down.

I Tivo'd the game at home and listened to those three seconds about a hundred times. That joint was about to freaking explode.

Here's hoping the juice gets turned up a notch tomorrow.

Pics are here

For once the Sox fans came to sellout the place. Great support Sox fans

:gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox4: :gosox4: :chair :chair :chair :chair :chair

''I told somebody on the bench I felt good about that curtain call; I felt great,'' said Konerko, who then hit the sarcasm button. ''Then seven [actually, five] curtain calls later, it wasn't so special. They were handing them out all day.''

I counted 5:

-AJ's 1st HR

-Konerko

-Uribe

-Pods HR

-Contreras

:cheers Give it up Sox Fans!!

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
It was ridiculously loud. Nancy stopped playing during the "hey hey hey, goodbye" part, just to let the crowd do its thing. I loved it.

Yesterday's game was by far the most exciting and fulfilling fan experience I've ever had.

Does anyone have a sound file or video of the Clement exit? That moment was surreal... it couldn't have been better if it had been rehearsed for weeks.