White Sox Nation does not exist

GasHeGone

Dear Party People of Soxtalk.com,

Now that the Sox have finally proven themselves worthy of some national media respect, we all may have a tendency to buy into some of bulls*** that those ESPN ass-clowns spit up when they talk White Sox.

1) There's a Trib article today on ChicagoSports.com with a byline reading "White Sox Nation?" Now, unfortunately this is a term that has been gaining popularity in recent days and I f***ing hate it. People on these boards have used it occasionally. We aren't the Red Sox. Stop calling us White Sox Nation. It's really annoying.

2) Chris "When I talk, s*** comes out" Berman likes to refer to the Curse of Shoeless Joe. Please. Stop.

Sox fans, don't buy into the bulls***. Let's keep it real like we always do, all the way to the World Series.

Go Sox.

White Sox Nation?

More like the White Sox Community.

I love it when people say bands 'sell out'.

Guys join bands for two reasons and artisitic expression isn't one of them.

-Make money

-Get some hot tail

They can't do either well without selling out.

Nothing wrong with making some cash and earning a living.

They better cash in now because they're not getting a real job covered in tats.

QUOTE(black jack @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
White Sox Nation?

More like the White Sox Community.

I love it when people say bands 'sell out'.

Guys join bands for two reasons and artisitic expression isn't one of them.

-Make money

-Get some hot tail

They can't do either well without selling out.

Nothing wrong with making some cash and earning a living.

They better cash in now because they're not getting a real job covered in tats.

It was Raider Nation first

:gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosoxretro: :gosoxretro: :gosoxretro: :lolhitting :bang :chair :fight :snr

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
Dear Party People of Soxtalk.com,

Now that the Sox have finally proven themselves worthy of some national media respect, we all may have a tendency to buy into some of bulls*** that those ESPN ass-clowns spit up when they talk White Sox.

1) There's a Trib article today on ChicagoSports.com with a byline reading "White Sox Nation?"  Now, unfortunately this is a term that has been gaining popularity in recent days and I f***ing hate it.  People on these boards have used it occasionally.  We aren't the Red Sox.  Stop calling us White Sox Nation.  It's really annoying.

2) Chris "When I talk, s*** comes out" Berman likes to refer to the Curse of Shoeless Joe.  Please.  Stop.

Sox fans, don't buy into the bulls***.  Let's keep it real like we always do, all the way to the World Series.

Go Sox.

HELL YEAH!

I've been screaming at my TV so much as of late. I lost it last night, I think it was Reynolds, was mentioning the "curse of Joe Jackson". :headshake

I wish these "experts" would realize that sometimes bad things happen to teams for a long time for other reasons than a "curse". Maybe bad play and poor teams has something to do with it.

And yeah, "Nation"? Ick. Just call us "fans" and I'll be happy with that.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
I've been screaming at my TV so much as of late. I lost it last night, I think it was Reynolds, was mentioning the "curse of Joe Jackson".  :headshake

I wish these "experts" would realize that sometimes bad things happen to teams for a long time for other reasons than a "curse". Maybe bad play and poor teams has something to do with it.

And yeah, "Nation"? Ick. Just call us "fans" and I'll be happy with that.

The only fan group with their own "nation" just collapsed in a pile of smoking ruin.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
The only fan group with their own "nation" just collapsed in a pile of smoking ruin.

Heh, heh. It's almost a shame in a small way. Most Red Sox fans I have encountered have said that if they lose, they will be pulling for the White Sox. I don't think they despise us much, but I think they try to see themselves a year ago within us. Even though we try not to think of us like them, as we all feel they are too much like the Cubs with their damned excuses.

Atleast Francona has talked about the Sox in a positive light and admitted how good our team was/is. There is no mention of a curse from him, and I highly doubt he would ever admit to such a thing.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
Heh, heh. It's almost a shame in a small way. Most Red Sox fans I have encountered have said that if they lose, they will be pulling for the White Sox. I don't think they despise us much, but I think they try to see themselves a year ago within us. Even though we try not to think of us like them, as we all feel they are too much like the Cubs with their damned excuses.

Atleast Francona has talked about the Sox in a positive light and admitted how good our team was/is. There is no mention of a curse from him, and I highly doubt he would ever admit to such a thing.

I have to admit that the majority of Red Sox fans have been pretty gracious about the way things turned out. They have the fans from the other Chicago team beat by a mile.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Whenever someone feeds me that curse bulls***, I always say:

"Curse? There's no curse. We just sucked for a long time. Now we kick ass."

The following phrase does indeed have the Rex Kickass Seal of Approval.

:cheers Same here.....I've ran into a few people that think of the whitesox having a curse....I basically say that phrase to them.

I dislike both terms, especially the "Shoeless Joe Jackson Curse."

White Sox fans have never resorted to such nonsense (unlike some other fans) to rationalize poor play.

We should "self-censor" both terms.

However, I fully expect that both terms will receive greater attention on the national stage, if for no other reason, than with the "storied" Yankees (possibly) out and the "fabled" Bosox gone, they'll need an angle. Especially because we don't have any "marquee" players(?) :huh

What is most irritating about baseball coverage these days is how even "analysts" have forgotten that the greatest of this sport is found not in "personalities" but in excellent execution of the little things like gound balls (sorry TG). :bang