Sox @ Angels - ALCS Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Looks like a lot of 4 seam fastballs so far.

Well, it worked to start the game...and there's sometimes very little reason to show all of your pitches in the first inning, especially when people are trying to work the count.

If he can get people on the 4 seamer and hold the 2 seamer for a couple innings...it'll catch people more off guard when it starts dropping.

Has he thrown many breaking balls? It's been the off speed stuff, not the fastball/sinker, that has hurt him in the 2nd half. On games when he didn't have it working he'd give up some walks and get hit a few times.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Not to go off on a tangent here, but it baffles me how many people hate Manny on this site.  He might be quite a strange fellow, but he's a phenomenal hitter.

He's a great hitter, I just dont like him.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
This is "pre-9th inning rally crede".

In the 2nd inning of a game 3 in a 7 game series where the other team has a damn good bullpen, I'll take a 10 pitch at bat every time even if the guy does make an out.

Wear that starter down, get the bullpen in early, and end up coming from behind to win game 5. The Yankees and A's both did it to the Angels a couple times this year. Once you get past Shields, K Rod, Donnely, and maybe Escobar, or even if you get those guys working 3+ days in a row...they really do wear down.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
In the 2nd inning of a game 3 in a 7 game series where the other team has a damn good bullpen, I'll take a 10 pitch at bat every time even if the guy does make an out.

Wear that starter down, get the bullpen in early, and end up coming from behind to win game 5.  The Yankees and A's both did it to the Angels a couple times this year.  Once you get past Shields, K Rod, Donnely, and maybe Escobar, or even if you get those guys working 3+ days in a row...they really do wear down.

yea.. I would too. I posted that before he looked good :P

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)

Wear that starter down, get the bullpen in early, and end up coming from behind to win game 5.  The Yankees and A's both did it to the Angels a couple times this year.  Once you get past Shields, K Rod, Donnely, and maybe Escobar, or even if you get those guys working 3+ days in a row...they really do wear down.

That's for darn sure. Real good AB's!!

Crede made an out, but props to him (and Uribe) for fouling off so many pitches. They elevated the pitch count, and even if nothing comes from these ABs, they have done good.

Against a guy like Lackey, that's the best you can ask from the bottom of your lineup. More guys on this team need to elevate the opposing pitchers pitch count. 1-2 pitch at-bats by the Sox make me cry.