World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

Hey Dick... lookie who's got plenty of WS tickets....

And those are Season Ticket Holders tickets.. Nice, eh?

Quote:

Front Row Chicago owner Eric Soderholm - a former White Sox player - holds World Series tickets that his company is selling

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
Hey Dick... lookie who's got plenty of WS tickets....

And those are Season Ticket Holders tickets.. Nice, eh?

Quote:

Front Row Chicago owner Eric Soderholm - a former White Sox player - holds World Series tickets that his company is selling

LMAO. They had a guy on yesterday, a season ticketholder who sold his whole lot for $12,000. The idiot even agreed to an interview. I don't know if Eric has some of those, but judging by what they are getting on ebay, he should have probably gone that route.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
:headshake  :headshake  :headshake  :headshake  :headshake  :headshake  :headshake  :headshake  :headshake  :headshake

wow, who knew a picture could get me so upset

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
Im not going to read the whole thread for answer, because im just lazy to be honest, but if I was to go down to game 1, no tickets obviously, and wait till after 1st pitch, or right before, do you think I could score tickets for under 300? I know the ALCS there was not demand like everyone was expecting, but I know this is a whole new ballgame...

Considering I have never been to a WS game I couldn't give you an answer. But if 300 or so is your limit, it probably is your best chance.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Considering I have never been to a WS game I couldn't give you an answer. But if 300 or so is your limit, it probably is your best chance.

I'd say you'd have a good chance. I went to a game in San Diego a few years back with my dad and we waited till about 10 minutes before game time and were able to get some seats on the field at face.

As long as your patient I think you'll be alright. Obviously demand is going to be much higher for this, but regardless of that demand there are still going to be scalpers with boatloads of tickets in there hands and the closer to the event, the less you'll pay. I'd guess you'd have a really realistic shot of paying 2 times face on the ticket and you could find yourself doing better, especially if you wait till first pitch.

You could even get lucky and find a family whose going and had someone get sick that is just looking to recoup the cost of the ticket. Often times thats how scalpers get tickets, they buy them off someone cheap and sell them for more.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Im not going to read the whole thread for answer, because im just lazy to be honest, but if I was to go down to game 1, no tickets obviously, and wait till after 1st pitch, or right before, do you think I could score tickets for under 300? I know the ALCS there was not demand like everyone was expecting, but I know this is a whole new ballgame...

Tony, it's all a crap shoot at this point. It's all going to depend on the demand at the park. If a ton of brokers are walking around with tickets that didn't sell... then the odds are good. The fact that people got CS tickets for under face after the first pitch is a good indicator. What those idiots don't realize is that Sox fans would rather watch the game at a bar then to spend $500 to go in. Once they get that, the prices will come down. I honestly would not be surprised to see them come down by Thursday by 50% of what they are today.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
Thanks Steff.

I think it might be worth the risk, just based on a few things.

1) If I end up not scoring tickets, I will still be downtown, maybe trying to squeez my way into Jimbos or even hang out at Grandstand.

2) I am planning on going alone. My thinking if I go alone, I might be able to score a single game ticket for cheap. It could backfire however, if the guy only wants to sell a set.

3)I really am going to give myself a set limit, only bringing down $350, and having $300 for 1 ticket.

We shall see what happens.

If a guy has tickets.. he'll sell a single as fast as a set. Sometimes faster. Jimbo's won't be crowded during the game, so that's a good option. Good limit. I think that's reasonable and think you'll score.

Which day are you coming down?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
Thanks Steff.

1) If I end up not scoring tickets, I will still be downtown, maybe trying to squeez my way into Jimbos or even hang out at Grandstand.

2) I am planning on going alone. My thinking if I go alone, I might be able to score a single game ticket for cheap. It could backfire however, if the guy only wants to sell a set.

3)I really am going to give myself a set limit, only bringing down $350, and having $300 for 1 ticket.

Yeah, I'm really clueless right now as to what I'm going to do... figure for games one and two I can tailgate for one and maybe hit up 115 bourbon st. for the other (anyone know how old you have to be to get in there?). But, if I end up taking another person, or two, or more, to the park for a tailgate, that would probably kill my chances at landing a ticket from someone with an extra. Decisions....

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
Thanks Steff.

Its if Saturday tony, there is a decent shot Mario and I will be there as well so if does come down to a situation like that, we could probably find a way. Usually though a scalper will be stuck with individual tix. THey may have 4 in one area and someone comes to buy 3 and then the 1 thats left now is an outlier and because of that you can usually get that single for less.

That said, sometimes you can negotiate with them (especially if its late) for 3 seats too, because they now know they will get rid of 3 tickets (this is assuming they are at the point where all they want to do is unload them as fast as possible because the game is either 5-10 minutes from starting or has just started).

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Tony, it's all a crap shoot at this point. It's all going to depend on the demand at the park. If a ton of brokers are walking around with tickets that didn't sell... then the odds are good. The fact that people got CS tickets for under face after the first pitch is a good indicator. What those idiots don't realize is that Sox fans would rather watch the game at a bar then to spend $500 to go in. Once they get that, the prices will come down. I honestly would not be surprised to see them come down by Thursday by 50% of what they are today.

Waiting game, waiting game, waiting game.

Right now tickets are at a peak price.

Buying now would be stupid.

Wait until Friday and see what happens. If the prices are still sky high and a lot of tickets on sites like stubhub and such, prices will come down. These people don't want to eat tickets.

you guys do realize that come friday we will have an opponent, right? i do imagine some cards and stros fans thought ahead and bought some tix, but not as many as those who are gonna still need them. if the cards make it these ticket prices are gonna go sky high, probably 1.5x what they are now. if its houston, prices might come down slightly.

There are so many rich kids at my school claiming that they have tickets because of their daddy's business and it really pisses me off. They have never been Sox fans and never will be, and even this die-hard Cubs fan I know has a rich dad who got tickets and is going. Kind of disappointing..

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Well Tony and everyone else who didn't get tickets, I hope you guys have some luck outside the ballpark if you do go and try and get a ticket. At least the bar's are a good backup plan I suppose.

Heres the thing-

Brokers who buy all those tickets dont know anything about sox fans.

They know about chicago fans, and their spending in the playoffs.

This is mostly based on the demand and price paid in 2003 for cubs tickets.

They dont realize that sox fans are not as stupid as cubs fans and feel that watching the game at home is better than dropping 1K on the worst seat in the house.

They will come to an abrupt conclusion on friday when they arent selling their overpriced tickets.

They will troll the parking lots looking for people who need extras.

They will sell for less than half of what they were asking.

Sox fans determine the market-not the brokers.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Heres the thing-

They dont realize that sox fans are not as stupid as cubs fans and feel that watching the game at home is better than dropping 1K on the worst seat in the house.

They will come to an abrupt conclusion on friday when they arent selling their overpriced tickets.

Right on! I hope by Sat, these bastards will be out a s***load of $$$....$3000 for an upper deck?!? Piss off....

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 08:18 AM)
Heres the thing-

cards make the series, throw all this out the window as you're adding probably 5k people looking for tix.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
And St Louis fans aren't going to pay the $$ either.

have you seen a cubs/cards series? the money will be paid by some at the very least. if you don't think this will bring prices up you are dead wrong.

QUOTE(maki @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
have you seen a cubs/cards series?  the money will be paid by some at the very least.  if you don't think this will bring prices up you are dead wrong.

Dead wrong.. LMAO.. Ok Cleo.