World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

QUOTE(FLsouthsider @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
my word was "baffling" which I found quite appropriate.

I live in Florida and haven't been back to Chicago since a funeral this summer, hardly the best time to catch a Sox game. I probably don't deserve tickets as much as some of you that have been out there supporting the team all season, even when there were plenty of seats to be had.

But it just burns my ass when you go on these broker sites and they all have bundles of tickets. It just pisses me off that 99.9 percent of the average joes get locked out. Not that the stadium is big enough to hold everyone who wanted a ticket....

I think they are trying to insult us, my word was "ongoing". I think my next word will be "hopeless". :crying

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
That's why the lottery makes sense.  You still may have a snowball's chance, but it levels the playing field.

Swing and a miss on tix here, btw.  Surprised?  :P

Like a broker wouldn't hire 100 people to get in line for the lottery either....

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
i understand that, but he's still part of the organization and can send the complaints onto the right person and whatnot.

The right person is Tom Sheridan. Call him and leave Brooks the f*** alone.

QUOTE(Elcaballo45 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
I think they are trying to insult us, my word was "ongoing".  I think my next word will be "hopeless". :crying

funny, my word was "you got tickets!" and then "winner!" and that doesnt even make sense

QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
MOTHER f***ING TICKETMASTER/SCRUB FANS! This is horses*** -- my pops has been a fan of this team since the early 30's and we can't get tickets but this f***ing duech bag Scrubs fan next to me got 4 to games 1 AND 2 -- Only to f***ing sell them!

I seriously feel like beating this s*** bag senseless!

:fight

To sell them? But these went to the common fan.

BTW, I always try and buy tix to these kinds of games. I figure it's cheaper than buying a scratch off lottery ticket with a better return. The guy I know at TM should be calling me soon to see how we did. :pray Come on Daddy needs 10 new $100 bills.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
I'm bummed that I can't go to Chicago now, but I still get to see the games.  I don't think anyones pissed about that.

I know, but to hear some people say how they're going to b**** about it at Sox Fest is comical to me.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
The right person is Tom Sheridan. Call him and leave Brooks the f*** alone.

And while I'm at it.. the Sox don't control who has a lottery either. MLB does. They control CS and WS ticket sales. Call Bud and complain to him.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
And while I'm at it.. the Sox don't control who has a lottery either. MLB does. They control CS and WS ticket sales. Call Bud and complain to him.

Now that surprises me. I would think that teams would have a choice about whether they choose to sell on the open market or conduct a "lottery" like the Astros did.

Uh, how much longer should I believe my wait time is 10 minutes and that an actual 'search' is taking place?

Here's a shocker for ya. Guess who suddenly has pages on top of pages full of tickets for sale?

C'mon, take 1 guess? You got it. TICKET BROKERS, woooo-hooooo.

The same ones who only had a few, say and hour ago.

I wonder how they were able to get so many so soon?