Guaranteed series tickets....

Steff

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
then please show us all the link.....if you see where you are able to make a deposit for season tickets...and that deposit is for 50% of the the total price, please post the link

tHE offer ended at 11:00AM

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
tHE offer ended at 11:00AM

you should really look at the time that i posted that and scroll through the remainder of the thread

on another note i got through but all it does is ring ring ring ring

QUOTE(sin city sox fan @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
I'm sure that some of these were snagged by brokers....but I doubt if they went too crazy on these.  Knowing that prospective buyers could get the same deal at this time really limits their market.  People are not going to pay $3000 to a broker for a ticket if they didn't take advantage of paying the same amount to the White Sox for season tickets and World Series tickets. 

And for those of you upset about these not being sold by themselves (without season ticket obligations)....rest assured that the brokers would probably secure almost all tickets sold in this manner.  They will pay hundreds of people to wait in line, dial on 20 different lines, try connecting on 15 different computers, or do anything else necessary to make the purchase (including bribes to people in the ticket office whom I sure they know quite well).

I applaud the Sox for this effort and look forward to seeing the moves in the off season this extra revenue will provide.

Lets not find anything to b**** about in this time of extreme joy....we're in the f***ing World Series and in great shape as an organization for years to come!

Excellent points. I saw it as an anti-broker move, not a pro broker move. IIRC when I had Bulls tix, what I wanted was only season ticket holder to be allowed in.

I am going to be very pissed if this falls through...it really does not look like anyone is going to call us. You would think they would have a release or email stating what the situation is concerning people who have yet to be notified that made a deposit. Im sorry but this is really s***ty of them.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
I am going to be very pissed if this falls through...it really does not look like anyone is going to call us.  You would think they would have a release or email stating what the situation is concerning people who have yet to be notified that made a deposit.  Im sorry but this is really s***ty of them.

I agree, Their infrastructure is obviously not setup to handle this. They should've offered the deal throughout yhe playoffs.

QUOTE(agame @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
I agree, Their infrastructure is obviously not setup to handle this.  They should've offered the deal throughout yhe playoffs.

I thought they did and not many people took them up on it

QUOTE(agame @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
I agree, Their infrastructure is obviously not setup to handle this.  They should've offered the deal throughout yhe playoffs.

They had radio commercials offering this same deal in like August. I would have done it then, but my Dad and I couldn't convince Mom to give in until she saw how much WS tickets were going for. If we'd have done it in August heads would have rolled.

I'm hopeful that they put some tickets on reserve for this purpose and that we'll here from someone by tomorrow. Regardless, I'm going to at least one game no matter what it costs me.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
Uhhh.. they did.  :headshake

I mean during the playoffs as well. I got in touch with someone a couple of weeks ago to ask about this offer because I was interested in doing it and knew it was offered at some point but the account representative said it was no longer valid.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

10/18/2005 1:44 PM ET

World Series tickets for games at U.S. Cellular Field sold out

CHICAGO -- Several thousand individual-game tickets to each of four potential World Series games that could be played by the 2005 American League Champion Chicago White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field sold out today in 18 minutes.

The World Series begins Saturday, October 22.

I wonder what this means for the people who purchased the season tix online

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
You guys that put the deposits on-line go to whitesox.com/seasontickets, click on the account reps and you will get some direct lines. Maybe they can help you.

thank you thank you thank you...now i just hope to get throuh

I don't think anybody is screwed - not totally at least. I agree they should be able to send out a 'processing request' general email or at least post it on the site, but I'm sure they set aside what they thought was an appropriate amount of WS tix for people who purchased the packages and those were not part of the general release.

Now, whether they held back enough for each package to get 1 WS ticket for each of the 4 potential games is another matter. I reread that first sentence at least 50 times, and it still sounds like the idea was you would get an offer to by a ticket to each game – with the "if available" caveat large-looming and now pregnant with meaning.

For what it's worth, my Dad took momentary leave of his usually fiscally responsible senses (Go Dad!!) and signed on the line for a pair of full season plans as well. So I'm pinning my hopes on this coming through just like you.