Whatcha Thinking

Texsox

What are you thinking today?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What are you thinking today?

• It is soooo cool. We're in the World Series.
    • We *could* win the World Series.
    • We *will* win the World Series!
    • What's that between my toes?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
First off I know I am not liked around here becuase well I speak the truth.. With that said here is more of it..

Unless we win the series, the season is a failure.. Yeah Whoopie we made it, who cares.. Win the damn thing..yeah we have not been here in 45+ years. But, we are here win it and plan on next year to win it again.

For those who think that it is okay to just be there.. You have accepted failure.

Never Settle for anything less than a Championship.. With that Said..

Let win this thing...

This is the kind of consistency that Sox fans want out of Mariotti.

Yes Anthrax you do speak the truth as you believe it. Let me offer a little more truth, After they win this, you'll complain they didn't repeat, then three peat. Actually the more I think about it, I will bow to your expertise in the area of failure. You seem to have a better grasp and know more about the subject. :gosox1:

BTW, do you consider your post a failure becuase (sic) words were misspelled and no one agrees with you?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How the f*** do YOU understand that? Are you actually a Yankees fan?

Jesus, enjoy the f***ing game!!!!!

I am a fan of their Mentaity.. of win it all or its failure, why is this so hard to have? Why do you Sox fans execpt failure?

I do enjoy every game, and want to win everygame.. Sorry I don't accept losing, the Sox have in my lifetime been doing way to much of it till this year.

This is the kind of consistency that Sox fans want out of Mariotti.

Yes Anthrax you do speak the truth as you believe it. Let me offer a little more truth, After they win this, you'll complain they didn't repeat, then three peat. Actually the more I think about it, I will bow to your expertise in the area of failure. You seem to have a better grasp and know more about the subject.

You are right on one thing.. If we win this one, we should be looking to next year and figureing out how to win it again. Why is that so hard to do? I have no idea..Yes I am happy that they are there but want to win it all.

The only reason I have expertise in failure is i used KW track record as my model .. I followed it to the Key...Sorry had to throw that in there.. KW finally did what I have wanted since 02..Congrats.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
I am a fan of their Mentaity.. of win it all or its failure, why is this so hard to have? Why do you Sox fans execpt failure?

I do enjoy every game, and want to win everygame.. Sorry I don't accept losing, the Sox have in my lifetime been doing way to much of it till this year.

You are right on one thing.. If we win this one, we should be looking to next year and figureing out how to win it again. Why is that so hard to do? I have no idea..Yes I am happy that they are there but want to win it all.

I don't accept failure, but I don't let myself lose the love of the game and my enjoyment and appreciation of it by being blinded by W/L records.

We all want to win it all, but I'm thrilled I get to watch them for an extra month this year.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
No its not nice to call people out that are not able to think on themselves..Now take Tex..he just mad about comments I made last off season that proved him wrong..

??? I have no idea what you are talking about. I am flattered you remember a thread from the off season that I responded to. But to be honest, I didn't even recognize your screen name. I do know that after 35 years as a Sox fan, I enjoyed this season tremendously, and that is a successful season in my book. This is entertainment, not life and death, I've seen enough of that.

I have watched too many people achieve goals and reach new heights, without winning the whole thing, to know what success and failure is. Each and everyone of them were successes, not failures, in my book. To think that only the final person standing is a success and everyone else is a failure, is wrong in my book. Every kid that learns to ride a bike is a success, whether he wins the Tour de France or not. Every shy kid who takes 6 months to ask a special girl out is a success, whether she says yes or not, and it especially doesn't matter if they marry or not.

So I reject your truth that this team needs to win the WS or else the season is a failure.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
??? I have no idea what you are talking about. I am flattered you remember a thread from the off season that I responded to. But to be honest, I didn't even recognize your screen name. I do know that after 35 years as a Sox fan, I enjoyed this season tremendously, and that is a successful season in my book. This is entertainment, not life and death, I've seen enough of that.

I have watched too many people achieve goals and reach new heights, without winning the whole thing, to know what success and failure is. Each and everyone of them were successes, not failures, in my book. To think that only the final person standing is a success and everyone else is a failure, is wrong in my book. Every kid that learns to ride a bike is a success, whether he wins the Tour de France or not. Every shy kid who takes 6 months to ask a special girl out is a success, whether she says yes or not, and it especially doesn't matter if they marry or not.

So I reject your truth that this team needs to win the WS or else the season is a failure.

And this is why I say "I love you". :D

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

When we first won the ALCS, my thoughts were "I don't care what happens now, I'm just happy to be here." More and more, however, I feel I will be seriously let down if they can't win 4 games against Houston. Not sure why that's happening; the more I think about it, the more I think Houston will roll over us.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
KW finally did what I have wanted since 02..Congrats.

No he didn't.

He hasn't won it yet. He hasn;t won it every single year yet.

right?

He's done what I wanted. He's gotten the right mix of player to get the Sox into the playoffs, and they've advanced to the World Series with a very real chance to win it. From here on, it's fate, it's skill, it's luck, it's bounces, it's a whole bunch of s*** that's completely out of KW's hands.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
Not sure why that's happening; the more I think about it, the more I think Houston will roll over us.

Oh I dont know, maybe because you picked the sox to win 75 games in the preseason, maybe because you picked the red sox to destroy our sox or maybe because you said "the angels are headed to the world series" you've been right on the mark all year about this group.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
Oh I dont know, maybe because you picked the sox to win 75 games in the preseason, maybe because you picked the red sox to destroy our sox or maybe because you said "the angels are headed to the world series" you've been right on the mark all year about this group.

:)

Now this is getting silly.

Would I be a bit let down if they dont pull this out, yeah.

Would I look at the season as a failure, f***ing no way.

I am proud of our boys for getting to this point. A world frickin series in chicago. That doesnt happen. I told my wife last night, you know I always dream at the start of ST that these guys would get into the playoffs and go far. But I never really thought this team would get this far. I am very proud to be a sox fan. If they win this I will fly the champions flag high, if they dont I will keep my memories of a special season.

This season has been great, lets finish this thing.

LETS WIN THIS f***ING THING

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)

Can I change my vote now? If Osnua thinks we are going to get beat by Houston, that means we are winning it all!!!

To answer this question tex I honestly still don't know what I'm feeling. I can't wait for saturday, I want to win this whole thing so damn bad. For me atleast, it's going to hurt a lot if we don't win it but like Tony said IF we lose and once I have some time to get over it I'll just think back on how special of a season this was. That being said lets win this f***in thing.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
When we first won the ALCS, my thoughts were "I don't care what happens now, I'm just happy to be here." More and more, however, I feel I will be seriously let down if they can't win 4 games against Houston. Not sure why that's happening; the more I think about it, the more I think Houston will roll over us.

ohhhhh boy. Are you and Poopy Hildalgo the same poster?

You people who cannot appreciate what has happened this season are f***w***.

Go ahead, ban me.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

If they lose the series it will seriously suck -I cannot deny that - but a "failure"? I don't think so. At the end of the game when I heard the Fox announcer (Buck?) say "and the White Sox have won the pennant" it was a feeling nothing short of a fantasy come true. "Won the pennant" are magical words and they will stick with me forever.

That said, how will I regard the season historically if they do end up losing? Well, I need just look at the one other example: the 1959 Sox. To me they are not "losers". They are the most recent champions, and the standard by which all subsequent Sox teams are measured. To me the long drought of Sox futility goes back, not to 1917, but to 1959. 1959 was the last Sox championship, not 1917. And so it will be with 2005 if the Sox don't beat Houston.

SFF

Isn't your act getting played out? You've been saying that we were going to lose ever since the playoffs started. :rolly

......Back to the poll.

We started the season wearing jackets to keep warm. Summer came and went. Here we are in October. Halloween is almost here. The Sox are STILL playing!! Not only that, they are in the WORLD SERIES!! It's kind of sunk in, but when I see it on TV, with the introductions, the grand National Anthem, 1st Pitch, etc. My eyes might fill up. To answer the question. We can definitely win this thing. It ain't going to be easy. But this is the World Series. It's not supposed to be easy. Look for dominant pitching and low scoring games. That's what pretty much got both teams here in the first place.

:gosox1: :gosox2:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
I'll never understand that as a fan. Whats the point???????? ITS SPORTS! YOUR SUPPOSED TO ENJOY IT AND HAVE FUN. I swear sometimes it seems like a few people on here make it seem like its a chore to be a Sox fan.

f*** off.

Ummm... I'm on your side dude. That was my point. So why did I get the f*** Off?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
So why did I get the f*** Off?

That was meant for people like Poppy, Antonio Osuna, jabroni, etc. Tony isolated the phrase "f*** Off" from his thought, which makes it look like he was saying it to the person that he was responding to, but that wasn't his intention. You've been nothing but optimistic as far as I can tell/recall.

f*** off, Kap. If it were up to me, you would most definitely be banned by now.

:fight