Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 3

Heads22

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
This really isn't true.  Crede and Jermaine both crushed balls off of him that just hooked foul that would have given us 3 more runs.  Also in the 5th inning Jermaine and Paul back to back just absolutely hammered two pitches but right at Lane in rf, we got a little rally going after those two ab's also.  He only gave up 2 runs but I wouldn't say we wee hopeless against him.

yea, and they can crush those ALL NIGHT LONG foul. It's the way Pettitte pitches. You can't get around fast enough on that inside fastball. 95-100 times those balls go right where they did, foul.

I want no part of Pettitte and Oswalt in a game 6 or 7 situation. We have to play like we're down 2-0 instead of up 2-0 - or like we have nothing to lose and we need to shove the ball right up the Astros ass.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago White Sox
Scott Podsednik LF .300
Tadahito Iguchi 2B .125
Jermaine Dye RF .400
Paul Konerko 1B .375
A.J. Pierzynski C .250
Aaron Rowand CF .429
Joe Crede 3B .250
Juan Uribe SS .500
Jon Garland P ---
 Jon Garland P (0-0 ---)

Houston Astros
Craig Biggio 2B .125
Willy Taveras CF .571
Lance Berkman LF .429
Morgan Ensberg 3B .125
Mike Lamb 1B .200
Jason Lane RF .125
Brad Ausmus C .429
Adam Everett SS .000
Roy Oswalt P ---
 Roy Oswalt P (0-0 ---)

Umpires: HP: Jerry Layne 1B: Derryl Cousins 2B: Gary Cederstrom 3B: Angel Hernandez LF: Joe West RF: Jeff Nelson

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)
You can't just add anything to a pitchers era.  Some nl pitchers just can't make the adjustment to the al and some can make it fine.  Suppan is a very solid nl pitcher but absolutely blows in the american league.  Mark Redman has pitched very well in the national league but has been average in the al.  Randy went from being dominate to good but not outstanding anymore coming back to the al.  It all depends on the pitcher imo.

I am saying that is the average when a pitcher changes league. I remember cheat posting it and i remember reading a couple articles that it was below .5.