Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 3

Heads22

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
I can't even begin to put last night's live expierence into words.

It was the most mind-blowing, electric sporting event I have ever witnessed bar none.

Nearly 24 hours later and the mere thought of last night brings a tear to my eye.

So.  Damn.  Proud/Happy.

Good Post Addison! I was lucky enough to be there in the Upper Deck (Friend's dad works for the Hall of Fame and scored us 2 tickets - I just had to pay face value) and I don't think I will ever see a better game. It was absolutely electric there at Comiskey.

After Paulie & Scotty's HR, I thought the place was going to explode.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again Harold Reynolds made a silly comment. Not his prediction of the Astros winning based on Oswalt pitching. No from MMP again he made the silly statement that the whitesox are an offspeed hitting team and cannot hit the fastball. Didnt he say the same thing when Lackey and Santana faced us in the ALCS?

Let me help you out Mr. BBTN. The whitesox for years have had problems with guys who throw less than 90mph. These junk ball pitchers make our hitters look silly. Now get a guy who is throwing gas and we will knock the s*** out of the ball. I am convinced that our lineup will get to Oswalt tomorrow night. He will pound our hitters in and Dye and Konerko will light him up. You want to beat the whitesox, get a soft tossing righty who paints the outside corner and can throw a sweeping slider on the outer half. That guy will give our offense fits, a flamethrower who tries to throw inside. This is like a wet dream for our hitters. Pods, Dye, Konerko, Rowand, Uribe are all fastball hitters. Of course they made the same comment that Iguchi couldnt hit a wells curveball. Crede is hitting breaking pitches now as good as anyone, maybe thats were they get this. But most likely its soley based on the fact that Konerko jacked 2 3 run dongs off of breaking pitches in the ALCS.

Lets rock Oswalt and get the fat lady warmed up.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
Again Harold Reynolds made a silly comment.  Not his prediction of the Astros winning based on Oswalt pitching.  No from MMP again he made the silly statement that the whitesox are an offspeed hitting team and cannot hit the fastball.  Didnt he say the same thing when Lackey and Santana faced us in the ALCS? 

Let me help you out Mr. BBTN.  The whitesox for years have had problems with guys who throw less than 90mph.  These junk ball pitchers make our hitters look silly.  Now get a guy who is throwing gas and we will knock the s*** out of the ball.  I am convinced that our lineup will get to Oswalt tomorrow night.  He will pound our hitters in and Dye and Konerko will light him up.  You want to beat the whitesox, get a soft tossing righty who paints the outside corner and can throw a sweeping slider on the outer half.  That guy will give our offense fits, a flamethrower who tries to throw inside.  This is like a wet dream for our hitters. Pods, Dye, Konerko, Rowand, Uribe are all fastball hitters.  Of course they made the same comment that Iguchi couldnt hit a wells curveball.  Crede is hitting breaking pitches now as good as anyone, maybe thats were they get this. But most likely its soley based on the fact that Konerko jacked 2 3 run dongs off of breaking pitches in the ALCS.

Lets rock Oswalt and get the fat lady warmed up.

Of course, they have to base their "expertise" on a small sample size.  They didn't even know the White Sox existed until they looked up and Red Sox were sent home. 

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
RIP EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for Garland to step up once again and time for the bats to prove, yet again, that the pundits dont know a damn thing about this team.

I hope Garland took about 10 minutes to listen into some of the pundits blaring about Oswalt. Or even 5 minutes.

That Sinker's gonna be dancing like never before.

Ok so it's Roy Oswalt we're up against. 12-2 with a 2.58 ERA in home games with a lower BAA and less ER, but he gave up 6 more home runs in home games, so he's susceptible to it, and hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Since the ASB, Roy wasn't that good though. Had a 3.65 ERA with his BAA was .296, .62 higher than Pre ASG, so that also gives me hope. Lefties hit him better, with a .279 AVG, .32 higher than righties, and without Everett in the lineup, we're gonna need Pods and A.J especially to have good swings with the bat.

He's terrible with RISP with 2 outs, 15.75 ERA, so hopefully that situation comes up a few times, and even if you get a runner on, a 4.68 ERA, so that's going to be a key, get on base anyway possible.

He's pretty even ERA wise with his pitch counts, but with most pitchers you seem them better in the middle of their starts, say the 4th -5th inning etc., not really the case for Oswalt even though he's still pretty good. Up past 91 pitches, the ERA shoots up, so we need to work the counts and make him throw a lot of pitches.

QUOTE(OilCan @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Oswalt's stuff is as the same as John Lackey's.  Remember how the media was trumpeting how much trouble the Sox will have to hit his "94 mph" stuff??? 

Also, I don't buy into ESPN's Baseball Tonight's garbage that the Sox can't hit the fastball.  What the heck have they been watching all year long?

Garland will have to do another Game 3 performance just like he did in Anaheim.  And Roy Oswalt will have to have a so-so game in order for the Sox to win.  The stadium will be rocking and rolling, so it will be fun to see what happens in the next two games.

Oswalt is light years better than Lackey, its not even a fair comparison.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 03:16 AM)
Ok so it's Roy Oswalt we're up against. 12-2 with a 2.58 ERA in home games with a lower BAA and less ER, but he gave up 6 more home runs in home games, so he's susceptible to it, and hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Since the ASB, Roy wasn't that good though. Had a 3.65 ERA with his BAA was .296, .62 higher than Pre ASG, so that also gives me hope. Lefties hit him better, with a .279 AVG, .32 higher than righties, and without Everett in the lineup, we're gonna need Pods and A.J especially to have good swings with the bat.

He's terrible with RISP with 2 outs, 15.75 ERA, so hopefully that situation comes up a few times, and even if you get a runner on, a 4.68 ERA, so that's going to be a key, get on base anyway possible.

He's pretty even ERA wise with his pitch counts, but with most pitchers you seem them better in the middle of their starts, say the 4th -5th inning etc., not really the case for Oswalt even though he's still pretty good. Up past 91 pitches, the ERA shoots up, so we need to work the counts and make him throw a lot of pitches.

Seems to me he is a guy who generates his power through his wind-up and legs.

Putting into the stretch may take away some of that power, thus the higher ERA with runners on.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
I got my AL Champs T shirt (seen repeatedly below) today.

Game 3:  Sox Jersey.

Game 4:  AL Champs shirt.

Both games:  Old, falling apart, Vintage 91 Sox hat.

I got my shirt yesterday as well and the hat is on its way! :headbang

the one thing that everyone is overlooking is the fact that JG will really only be facing 7 men in the lineup instead of the gruelling 9 he is accustomed to. this is a big advantage for him and all our pitchers in Houston.

lets face it the 8 hole hitters in the NL suck & then comes the pitcher. so even if the 8 hole hitter comes up with men on base & 2 outs. walk em. and then go after the pitch.

the team that is losing the games late will end up with a virtual DH lineup anyway while in the NL park.

i just wanna say that the entire NL SUCKS MONKEYCOK!

i do believe that the Disastros were shut out 17x this past season. Best of Luck HOLEINYOURBATPIECESOFDOGGIEDOOPIES! even Park Chan Ho(oker) shut em out in Texas. Chris Carp, Jeff Weaver? & Jake Peavy bottom line is that houston has struggled against righties. Who does JG remind me of? uh exactly like Peavy & Carpenter....duhhh

i am sure that FOX & ESPN will be reporting this sidenote eh? F EM!

Edited by whitesoxmanager

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
What about the Jon Garland factor for Houston?  Garland has made a big point of winning key games all year against big teams.  Heck look no further than how he pitched against the Angels in the pivotal Game 3 of the ALCS.

If I could use the "Search" option on this site, I would :P

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
If we happen to beat Oswalt tonight, we might see a sweep.  They are BANKING on a win by him.  I get the feeling the Astros are running on fumes as it is, a loss tonight would kill them.

Arguing on a message board is like running in the Special Olympics. Sure you might win, but you're still a HOUSTON DISASTRO!

LETS GIVE A LITTLE LOVE HERE MAN.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
Arguing on a message board is like running in the Special Olympics. Sure you might win, but you're still a HOUSTON DISASTRO!

LETS GIVE A LITTLE LOVE HERE MAN.

We go up 3-0, Backe is scheduled in game 4, you might see us sweep. Book it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
What about the Jon Garland factor for Houston?  Garland has made a big point of winning key games all year against big teams.  Heck look no further than how he pitched against the Angels in the pivotal Game 3 of the ALCS.

From just listening to the radio yesterday it sounds like basically everyone has already given this game to Houston, time for Jon to step up and prove why he won 18 games this season. :headbang