The Official Parade Thread

southsideirish71

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY REALLY wish I could go, but I have school. I would take off but I am having trouble in my math class in which I have a quiz tomorrow and I cannot afford to miss. Like most of us I have followed the White Sox every single day of the season and to miss this is very bad.

Only to add to this, I know a few people that are actually OFF from school tomorrow. Lucky bastards f***!

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
How about you take the high road here SSI...

See everyone down there tomorrow. I'll be the sox fan standing around the stage at the rally... :rolly

You are so right RD.

I have taken the high road since the last spat with him. Obviously someone has another agenda.

Oh well, I will just use the iggy feature of this and as Hawk would say POOOF HE GONE.

Alright, this is awesome. The percession moves east down Harrison (past UIC) to Halsted--where the route is followed up north to La Salle. Should be plenty of open space to watch the players pass by if anyone is around the area.

Here is the remainder of the route leading up to LaSalle:

Double-decker buses will depart 35th Street, head east to King Drive to Cermak, west on Cermak to Ashland, North on Ashland to Harrison, east on Harrison to Halsted, north on Halsted to Jackson, east on Jackson to LaSalle, where the Parade of Champions will begin.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
I REALLY REALLY wish I could go, but I have school. I would take off but I am having trouble in my math class in which I have a quiz tomorrow and I cannot afford to miss. Like most of us I have followed the White Sox every single day of the season and to miss this is very bad.

Only to add to this, I know a few people that are actually OFF from school tomorrow. Lucky bastards f***!

I'm off school for fall break!!! It is our first day off of school during the regular school week since Labor Day, I'm really lucky. I'm going down with my girlfriend and taking the train. Is the rally close to Grant Park/Milenium Park at all? That's where I'm getting off the train. Isn't it just down Michigan Avenue a little bit to Wacker?

QUOTE(Scwible @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 07:38 AM)
Anyone have any good advice on how to get down, I was thinking the BNSF train to chicago but after that I've got nothing.

Get off the train at Union, walk over on Jackson to Lasalle street. Its not that bad of a walk.