White Sox Withdrawl

GoArow33

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
I'm still celebrating.  Got a bunch of WS gear and a WS Champs flag I just hung outside the house this weekend.   

It's also kinda nice to get back to a normal life.  It had been go to work, then to the bar for the game, sleep 3 hours, back to the bar for a game, sleep for 3 hours.....

It is weird that baseball is over. I even miss the BBTN crew a little.I hung my Sox flag about 15 seconds after Konerko gloved the throw from Uribe. I'm sure the flag pisses off my cubfan neighbor every time he leaves his house. And I couldn't be happier. It stays up until Veteran's day, when it will be replaced by the only flag more significant.

I thought I would go back to my basketball mood to watch the beloved Chicago Bulls!

I thought I would switch back to football to watch my beloved Chicago Bears!

Alas, I failed!

I am really in my White Sox withdrawal, big time. I feel empty, sad, and the yearning for more Chicago White Sox games is just too big to contain! Can't wait for Baseball Spring-Training!

QUOTE(S720 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)
I thought I would go back to my basketball mood to watch the beloved Chicago Bulls!

I thought I would switch back to football to watch my beloved Chicago Bears!

Alas, I failed!

I am really in my White Sox withdrawal, big time.  I feel empty, sad, and the yearning for more Chicago White Sox games is just too big to contain!  Can't wait for Baseball Spring-Training!

Exactly how I feel. Even if the Cowboys and Bulls and Fire were to win the championship, I wouldn't be as half pumped up as I am about the White Sox.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)
Anyone else sitting here hoping the Bears don't keep playing good to steal some thunder from this Sox team?

Actually, I hope that all Chicago teams get hot in the next year or so. People forget that this is CHICAGO, we should be in the post season in every sport almost every year.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
Actually, I hope that all Chicago teams get hot in the next year or so.    People forget that this is CHICAGO, we should be in the post season in every sport almost every year.

+400000000000000000000000....even the Cubs.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
I'll be 48 years old later this week, and for the first time in my memory, I am not the least bit sad that baseball season is over.  I feel so content and fulfilled.  It's been a long time coming, boys and girls.

I'm only sad because it was such a fun ride - I never saw ONE White Sox postseason loss!

On the night of their only loss of the postseason, I was playing a softball game so I didn't see a pitch of it.

Yes and no, pretty much the same as everyone else. While the Sox were in the division push and then in the playoffs, I did zero hw, never cleaned my room, etc. It was sickening. And as I celebrated the day they won it, I thought 'No, it's over. It can't be over. WTF!" The sleep I got during the playoffs was the BEST 4 hours nights of sleep EVAR!

QUOTE(PaHs @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
Do you think they will re-sign him? Or would I be better off getting just a plain Sox jersey with no name?

He will still be arbitration eligible once the contract is over... in other words he will be with the sox after next season unless traded.

I'm glad it's over just because it was SO INTENSE all over September through October.

I agree it'd be neat to have a White Sox history channel where they'd replay games all winter from past seasons.

To sell it, OK, I could handle it being a Sox/Cubs history channel and replay Cub games too.

I might even watch some of those Cub games from the 69 season just to see Banks and hear Brickhouse.

I'd love to watch some of the Sox games of the 70s broadcats by Harry before he jumped to the North side.