Own up!

bighurt2719

I'll admit that I doubted Crede's abilities for a little but I never suggested trading him. I actually believed that we should have stuck with our team and not done anything during the trade deadline.. Bow down to me... :P

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has to own up to anything unless they tried to bring down this forum with their constant b****ing and moaning, and I could think of quite a few who would qualify. You can't just brush it off and say 'I was wrong' or 'I'm an idiot' or 'I'm eating crow'. It would be best if you just disappeared.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
:lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

:lol:

Pure comedy here folks.

Yea, Joe Crede's a real bonafied superstar. The type you build a team around. Give me a break. People are talking as if he's irreplaceable at this point.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
Nobody has to own up to anything unless they tried to bring down this forum with their constant b****ing and moaning, and I could think of quite a few who would qualify.  You can't just brush it off and say 'I was wrong' or 'I'm an idiot' or 'I'm eating crow'.  It would be best if you just disappeared.

I b****ed and moaned a lot, but unlike some others on this board, I at least tried to give information and reasoning for why I was saying what I did. Obviously, Ozzie was my biggest target during the season to criticize. It would be awfully foolish for me to continue on that path now....even though I still don't think he's the greatest in-game manager. But who the f*** cares now, even the greatest in-game strategists of all time might be unable to win a World Series.

The other main complaint I had during the season was that it was never a given that this team would win the division, even when we were up 15 games. I took a lot of heat for that, and it got closer than even I thought it would. Was I wrong? Yes. Was a lot of my reasoning for why I was worried correct? Tough to say, but obviously I was on to something with how much of that lead diminished.

The White Sox won the World Series. Who gives a s*** if people have to own up, etc. If that really impacts how much you can enjoy this, then I feel bad for some people.

Joe had an incredible post-seson and his glove was steady all year long but man i'm really getting tired of watching him hit .230 all year long...especially when he'll tease you for a couple of weeks with .350 hitting only to go back to his .230.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
ok, im not trying to push anyone's buttons, but i think it would be funny if all the people who said during the season we should trade joe crede for vinny castilla or joe randa step forward and eat some crow.

i'm proud to say that i never waivered all season. let's see who's humble enough to eat crow...

:gosoxretro:

i never said trade him for those guys but i sure as hell wanted him gone. and if he continued playing like he was i would have been right :D

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Yea, Joe Crede's a real bonafied superstar. The type you build a team around. Give me a break. People are talking as if he's irreplaceable at this point.

He's great in the clubhouse. He plays Silver Glove defense at 3B(I won't say Gold yet...he's good as hell, just not sure Gold is the word to describe it). He's solid with the stick. He's proven time and time and time and time again that he comes up with big hits and he starts rallies.

He's not a guy you build around, but I'm not sure you're going to find a player who's going to be able to fill Joe's shoes. This team was built on pitching, defense, and chemistry. Joe's a big part of 2 of those.

Edited by witesoxfan

Last off-season, I had hoped that KW would have gone for Troy Glaus at third, and/or Cabrera or Renteria at short. Then again, this was also around the time I was sending my Christmas List to Santa.

It also happens that all the repressed memories I had of E-5s and E-6s of the Sox infield in 2004 mainly involved Jose Valentin. He would be a good bench player if there was a salary position that could be bankrolled for pinch hitter, but don't let this man put on an infielder's glove.

I was cautiously optimistic about Carlos Lee for Scott Podsednik. I went to a Brewers game at Miller Park last June and saw Pods get an inside-the-park home run (ok, fine, triple + E-9) and was impressed with what I saw.

I had doubts about the Count and El Duque. They both smelled like Loaizas to me.

But of any Major League team, the Sox had the most productive off-season, did the most to rebuild their team, and thought that if they stayed healthy they could win the division. Big if, considering the past couple of seasons. It was a little much to say I thought the Sox were done for when Frank went down to injury (again), but with how soft the AL Central has been, I didn't exactly like the Sox' chances at a wildcard, either.

Edited by Drew

I still think Joe Crede, in particular, and defense, in general, are under appreciated by many on this board. Still under appreciated after pitching and defense were the main strengths that led to the title.

Every time a guy like Crede makes a great play, it takes a hit away from from the opposition. In the overall scheme of things, a hit stolen has as much impact on a game as a hit with the bat in your hands. When you are talking about Crede, you have to consider clutch defensive plays as well as clutch hits. Hell, he saved game three for us ... Twice!

I also think that you saw a new, improved version of Joe Crede emerge over the last month. He carried himself with more confidence. You could just see it. I believe that the old, frustrating Joe Crede is a thing of the past and that he will, from this point on, be the Joe Crede we all expected.

QUOTE(juddling @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
Joe had an incredible post-seson and his glove was steady all year long but man i'm really getting tired of watching him hit .230 all year long...especially when he'll tease you for a couple of weeks with .350 hitting only to go back to his .230.

Yes, because players never go above or below their BA pretty much throughout the season, they stay at their avg all the time and never waiver.

Come on man, what do you think stats are for. Do you think Paulie hit his avg all year? So soon you forget him hitting under 200 for alot of the time. Thats why they call it an avg, because its the avg between your highs and your lows.

Look, this topic wouldn't be so offputting to me if the op didn't start the whole thing off by patting himself on the back. 'You guys were SO wrong. But I was right the whole time.' Especially when there's basically NO paper trail to back up that statement. He did make fun of Vinny Castilla. Well, I didn't want Vinny Castilla, and I was wrong on a lot of other things.

Topics like this work better if it's more like, 'Boy was I wrong on... [May I suggest Eddie Guardado?] How about you?'

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
Look, this topic wouldn't be so offputting to me if the op didn't start the whole thing off by patting himself on the back.  'You guys were SO wrong.  But I was right the whole time.'  Especially when there's basically NO paper trail to back up that statement.  He did make fun of Vinny Castilla.  Well, I didn't want Vinny Castilla, and I was wrong on a lot of other things.

Topics like this work better if it's more like, 'Boy was I wrong on... [May I suggest Eddie Guardado?]  How about you?'

I'm not trying to push your buttons or anything...but I think you should just disappear.

I can truthfully say that I always supported Joe Crede. But, I don't see any reason to run peple's faces in it either. We all seem to let the frustration of a few games during the season get in the way of seeing things over the 162 game big picture.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
I can truthfully say that I always supported Joe Crede. But, I don't see any reason to run peple's faces in it either. We all seem to let the frustration of a few games during the season get in the way of seeing things over the 162 game big picture.

shutup. eat crow or dont.