The White Sox

GSH

Since the White Sox won, every now and then it hits me...The White Sox won the World Series.

I can't get over it...I must be going to die or something because that is the only lifetime sports dream that I wanted to happen in my life...unless the White Sox do it again, nothing else will compare.

:snr

I know it's stupid, but when I go to put on my World Champions hat or shirt, I stop for a second and think,

"The White Sox won the World Series.....they f***in' DID IT....."

I know this feeling will fade into "just the facts" in time, but for now it's just so damn cool to realize that last Wednesday the White Sox WON the World Series!

It's fun thinking about it, it's fun talking about it and it's fun being reminded about it. I was a snot nosed kid just starting little league baseball in 1959 and loved the Sox then. Nellie Fox was my idol. 46 yeasr later I am still a Sox fan but now we are World Champs. I need some of that Sox gear.

Anyone else make the mistake of ordering their World Championship stuff online with the cheapest shipping?

I can't wait for that hat to get here. Its $5 more at the store, but everyone I pass somebody wearing it (which is often) I feel guilty and think "I should be wearing that hat too".

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
This is one subject on which I don't mind being incessantly reminded.

Unlike all your incorrect postseason predictions? :bang ;)

All in good fun...I understand reverse pyschology. You're just giving them billboard material. :P

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
Unlike all your incorrect postseason predictions?  :bang ;)

All in good fun...I understand reverse pyschology.  You're just giving them billboard material.  :P

Billboard? :huh:

Bulletin board maybe? Wow, just wow. :headshake

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
It is great to realize we have a whole winter to enjoy this.

If it gets too cold out, just think of the Sox and their amazing postseason run.

i can't wait til my dvd gets here so I can be reminded every night when i goto sleep

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
i can't wait til my dvd gets here so I can be reminded every night when i goto sleep

Ok, a World Series DVD rocks...but what about a DVD that goes over the whole season, and then the post season. Is there one in the works? I would think so, but I haven't heard about that yet.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Anyone else make the mistake of ordering their World Championship stuff online with the cheapest shipping?

I can't wait for that hat to get here. Its $5 more at the store, but everyone I pass somebody wearing it (which is often) I feel guilty and think "I should be wearing that hat too".

dont worry as long as it has a sox logo, keep that head up high. once you put it on you will be proud of it. everytime i wear my sox hat i keep my head up high as i know my team dominated and will stay on top for me.

Every now and then, it hits me that the White Sox won the World Series and are World Champs. And it seemed so easy. I didn't expect to see our team just dominate through the playoffs. :headbang September was a lot scarier than October. October was nothing but an incredibly fun ride.

Whenever it doesn't feel real, I pop in the video I recorded from WGN of Rich King's "On the Bus". He takes the viewers on a ride and gives us the sights and sounds that the players experienced on top of the bus. The video is unbelievable with the amount of people on LaSalle and the roar of the crowd. I could watch that video over and over, it gives me goosebumps every time.