ESPN: "It sounds like Paul Konerko plans to stay"

rventura23

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE!

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE, PAULIE!

Is this Hawk being very awkward in the chanting of Paulie at the parade?

Um, ESPN reads the same articles we all about this stuff. Paulie's had some quotes about how hard it would be to leave and how he loves playing for the sox, but blah, blah, blah. He says this now, but I doubt it means much come negotiatiaton time.

Of course, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised. I don't think we can't afford Konerko, and I want him back, but I expect to pay for it.

Until they announce that he has signed dont read into too much of this.

FA's say one thing, but their agents are out wooing everyone. One minute he cant leave here, the next minute Boston has history and a winning tradition, the next minute you will read about how he likes the California air or the nostaglia of Yankee stadium. Its all lip service until the two sides agree on a contract and its announced.

QUOTE(bulokis @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
All we need to do is offer Paulie close to the highest offer he gets and maybe he will sign for less money.

And what if he decides he wants those last few million? I just hope we don't d*ck around with Paulie and try to offer him something crazy like money deferred to 2030. At some point, the difference between a $48 million contract and a $50 million contract isn't nearly as important as keeping the guy.

Hopefully he'll be nice enough to give us the chance to match any other offer he receives, and if it is a sensible offer and not something obscene like Ordonez's deal, we should immediately match.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
And what if he decides he wants those last few million?  I just hope we don't d*ck around with Paulie and try to offer him something crazy like money deferred to 2030.  At some point, the difference between a $48 million contract and a $50 million contract isn't nearly as important as keeping the guy.

Hopefully he'll be nice enough to give us the chance to match any other offer he receives, and if it is a sensible offer and not something obscene like Ordonez's deal, we should immediately match.

I've always wanted to know this but if your Paul Konerko what the hell is the difference between 48 and 50 million dollars?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
I've always wanted to know this but if your Paul Konerko what the hell is the difference between 48 and 50 million dollars?

To me, all that matters is that maybe it's a reason to sign with Anaheim instead of Chicago. I don't want him to have that reason.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
All I ask is for the White Sox to give him a good offer.... if he doesnt take it thats fine thanks for helping us win the WS and good luck to you....

He'll get a good offer: 4 yrs 48 and I think Kenny would even go 4 yrs 52. The problem is going to be that 5th year I think. I dont think Kenny will go 5 and I think the Angels might.