Funniest Plays of 05

SoxFan1

I was looking up some older players and then I came upon one Mark Grace. Low and behold, the highlight of the year was when he came in to pitch for Arizona one time. The game which he mocked setup man Mike Fetters. Well, I was thinking, what were the funniest plays of the 2005 Sox season that we can go back and dwell on. I know there was a certain play involving Juan Uribe that was quite hilarious and that had Hawk/Dj laughing the whole game but I cant remember exactly what happened. What ya got?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
I'll add another:  What about when Pablo swung at a pitch after it was already in the catchers glove on a hit and run.

I do believe the runner (Scotty?) was still safe at 2nd though. I remember that one.

When Timo was going to show the number of outs in the inning on his hand but instead gave Uribe the middle finger.

Also, when Buehrle nailed B.J. Surhoff with a pitch as payback and got ejected before completing 6 innings and Hawk went crazy on Brian Gormin.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
When Timo was going to show the number of outs in the inning on his hand but instead gave Uribe the middle finger.

Also, when Buehrle nailed B.J. Surhoff with a pitch as payback and got ejected before completing 6 innings and Hawk went crazy on Brian Gormin.

That Hawk moment was classic and Ed Farmer was going pretty crazy as well. But i think my favorite was that Pablo swinging at that pitch while the catcher was throwing. I believe it was John Anderson on Sportscenter that couldn't stop laughing at it.

I don't know if I laughed any harder during the season than when Podsednik hit the home run in game 1 against the Red Sox. Funniest damn thing I'd heard - guy goes without any home runs the whole season and then bangs one out during a blowout in game 1 of the playoffs.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
whattabout the Uribe deek of Derrek Lee - that was effin awesome!

oooooh and AJ stomping on Aaron Boone's back right after Boone had done some damage (HR i think?)

That's two very good ones. I enjoyed both of those moments. :lol:

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 03:36 AM)
Timo@1st -- Not so funny at the time. The shortest 1B this side of Eddie Gaedel.

lol not a play at all... but what about timo's rally panty idea? ... didnt catch on exactly but it was a funny story.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
Oh yea, and even though it wasn't a play.....DJ's quote "Whatever you do just don't strap it on"

Hawk (reading): Dear Hawk. Mike Ditka always used to tell people to strap it up. Before every game, you tell us to strap it down. Which should I do...strap it up or down?

DJ: Well, whatever you do, just don't strap it on.

(10+ second pause)

Hawk: we got another email here...